eighty-four : change

Saturday, tattoo day.

Matthew was so excited for today. He had been waiting for this moment his entire life it seemed like. He woke up early and ate a good breakfast in preparation for the next few hours. He was buzzing with anticipation for this tattoo.

Christopher had spent the night with Matthew, he was going to be driving them today. He knew today was important to Matthew, more important than he could imagine any tattoo would be.

Matthew's parents had already left for the day, Sam was asleep in his room. Christopher walked into the kitchen and saw Matthew bouncing his leg as he sat on the barstool. He walked up behind him, he wrapped his arms around his waist, burying his face in his neck.

"Morning." Christopher mumbled.
"Good morning, sleepy head." Matthew smiled.
"Everything okay?" Christopher asked.
"Yeah, a little nervous but I'm really excited." Matthew replied.
"Good." Christopher smiled. "You eat?" He asked.
"Yes, don't worry about me love. I'm hydrated and fed." Matthew smiled again.
"Got your snacks packed?" Christopher asked.
"Yes Christopher." Matthew said.
"I'm just making sure." Christopher kissed his cheek. "I know." Matthew replied. "You got everything?" He asked.
"Phone, wallet, and your keys. So I think everything." Christopher said. "Almost ready?" He asked.
"Yeah." Matthew said. "I am going to go get dressed, you eat something." Matthew got up.
"Okay. Don't take too long, we have a decent drive ahead of us." Christopher said.
"Okay, I won't be long. But please eat something." Matthew replied.
"I will amor." Christopher smiled.

Christopher ate a small breakfast and Matthew got dressed in a full black outfit, so none of his clothes would get ruined. He returned to the kitchen with his wallet, phone, and necessary things.

They left the house and began their long drive to Salt Lake. Matthew let Christopher do the driving, he didn't trust himself driving in the city.

*Now playing - War Pigs by Black Sabbath*

Christopher took Matthew's hand, he held it as he rested their hands atop of the shift knob.

"Nervous?" Christopher asked.
"A bit, but I'm really excited." Matthew replied.
"As you should be." Christopher smiled.

They drove all the way to the tattoo parlor, Matthew had been there many times before. He was so excited to finally have a tattoo.

They walked in and Matthew got everything situated. The tattoo artist, Dawn, walked out and took him and Christopher into her booth.

"Matthew! How are you?" They hugged him.
"I'm great Dawn." Matthew smiled.
"First tattoo, are you as excited as I am?" They asked.
"Yes! I am so excited." Matthew was buzzing.
"Okay good! I already have everything set up, so we'll get you stenciled and ready to go." Dawn smiled.
"Sounds good." Matthew smiled.

Dawn printed out the stencils for Matthew's tattoo.

"Okay let's get you all lined up." Dawn placed the necessary ointment to apply the stencil.

They placed the stencil perfectly on the back of Matthew's arm, right above his elbow.

"Go ahead and take a look." They said.

Matthew looked in the mirror and okay'ed the placement.

"Okay. Looks like there's still two more stencils to be applied." Dawn said.
"Two more?" Matthew questioned.
"Spencer and Jon pitched in to get you two more in addition to this one." Dawn said.
"Really?" Matthew asked.
"Yep, make it worth it kid. I shut down the whole shop for the day." Dawn smiled.
"Okay then, I'll find two more." Matthew chuckled.