ten : the date

The day finally arrived. Matthew picked out his best outfit, he had mixed feelings about it all. He was nervous, excited, and scared. He didn't have much relationship experience, he'd only been used as the only gay boy for miles.

Matthew made his way to the small cafe, he lay in wait. He stared out the window gazing at the passing cars wondering how this "date" would go. All of a sudden a nice car pulled up. Christopher stepped out of it. He hurried in and sat down across the table from him.

"Hey." Christopher said.
"Hey! Is that yours?" Matthew asked.
"Yeah, it was my grandfather's. It's a-" Christopher started explaining.
"67' Impala. Beautiful." Matthew interjected.
"You know your stuff. She really is, needs some more work." Christopher chuckled.
"Yeah, before my parents worked all the time, we used to visit my grandparents in the country all the time. We'd fix up what we could find around." Matthew commented.
"Yeah, I know the feeling." Christopher sighed.
"Before they moved away and it all went to shit anyways." Matthew murmured.
"Wanna talk about it?" Christopher asked.
"You first." Matthew said.
"Well raised by a single mother, barley see my father; very much absent, have an older sister who helped us pay the bills for a while. Your turn" Christopher said.
"Parents are better now but were practically in love with their work for my entire childhood. Older sister, older brother, younger brother." Matthew stated.
"What are they like?" Christopher asked.
"My sister, SJ, Spencer is the oldest. She spent her teen years making sure we got fed in the morning and got to school on time. Jonathan, my older brother, he's pretty cool. Sam, my younger brother is trying his best." Matthew explained.
"Are you close with them?" Christopher asked.
"Yeah, SJ and I are pretty close. Jonathan is better than he was when we still lived together. Sam and I are pretty close, we're just very different people. Enough about me Chris." Matthew said.
"Well my sister, Evangeline. Her and I had no choice but to be close. She watched me when mom was at work, she made most of our meals, and made sure I was always clothed and stuff like that." Christopher said.

Matthew placed his hand on top of Christopher's.

"I'm sorry." Matthew said.
"It's okay, I imagine that it was worse in New York." Christopher insisted as he took Matthew's hand.
"You knew I'm from New York?" Matthew questioned.
"Word gets around, I guess." Christopher stuttered.
"Just word?" Matthew questioned.
"What is it like?" Christopher countered.
"It's New York. It's noisy, gross, and people everywhere. It's not easy being away from it but, I think i'll manage." Matthew said.
"You play hockey in the city?" Christopher asked.
"Yeah. I've been playing my whole life. Had to be something for my parents to notice." Matthew sighed. "My old team would be ashamed to see that i'm not sporting the old colors anymore." Matthew laughed. "You?" Matthew continued.
"I've been playing for a while. We didn't have the money whatsoever but, my mom wanted me to enjoy my youth." Christopher grinned.
"That is so wholesome! You're more than meets the eye Christopher." Matthew laughed.
"So are you Matthew." Christopher laughed. "You wanna get out of here?" Christopher asked.
"Sure! I wanna hear what that beauty sounds like." Matthew chuckled.

They ran out of the cafe to Christopher's car. Matthew hopped in the passenger seat and waited for Chris to start the car. He scanned the inside of the car, the interior was perfect.

"She's beautiful." Matthew stated.
"She sure is. I love this car more than anything." Christopher laughed.
"I would too!" Matthew laughed. "Where we going?" Matthew asked.
"You'll see." Christopher started the car and set off to their destination. The engine roared.

They drove for quite some time, listening to 80's classic rock and stuff of the sort. Matthew gazed out the window looking at the scenery surrounding the town. He'd never seen such beauty. Christopher parked the car on top of a a scenic look out. They got out leaned on the hood.

"Gorgeous isn't it?" Christopher said.
"It is, i've never seen so many trees in one place." Matthew said.
"This is how i grew up. I come up here to clear my head." Christopher stated.
"It looks like the place to do so." Matthew grinned.
"My grandpa used to bring me to ride up here. We'd haul the ATV's up here and ride all day till our thumbs hurt from accelerating." Christopher laughed.
"That sounds really nice." Matthew said.

Matthew was busy staring out at the open valley, it was full of trees. A sea of color and beauty. Matthew took it all in but, Christopher was focusing on him.

"You have beautiful eyes." Christopher said.
"Thank you." Matthew grinned.
"I really like you Matt." Christopher said, gazing into Matthew's eyes.
"I think I really like you too. I'm really bummed that I don't remember any of the night of the party." Matthew said, staring back at Christopher.
"It was magical." Christopher grinned.
"I wish I remembered it." Matthew sighed.
"We could've kissed that night if my friends didn't drag me away." Christopher stated.
"It's okay, I would very much prefer to remember our first kiss." Matthew smiled.
"Should we head back?" Christopher asked.
"We should." Matthew said.

They jumped in the car, Christopher looked at him and admired him once more.

"Why do you do that?" Matthew asked.
"Because you're nice to look at." Christopher said.
"Keep looking at me like that and something is gonna happen." Matthew smirked.
"Yeah?" Christopher inched closer to Matthew's face.
"Yeah." Matthew said. Their lips now inches away from one another.
"You're beautiful." Christopher said, shifting his gaze from his lips to his eyes.

Matthew connected their lips for a second. He pulled back, looking at Christopher. Christopher ran his hand up Matt's neck and pulled him back in for more. He began moving with a rhythm Matthew was comfortable with. Chris moved his hand up into Matt's hair, he gripped ever so gently at his brown locks. Matthew leaned into the kiss and gently moved over on top of Christopher's lap. Matt placed his arms around Chris' neck, running his hands through his hair. Chris' hands moved down to Matt's hips. Christopher broke away to catch his breath. Everything felt so right.

"We should be getting back." Christopher breathed out.
"Do you want to?" Matthew asked.
"Not really, but I'd rather not have my mother yell at me for being late." Christopher chuckled.
"Alright." Matthew laughed.

He went back to sit in the passengers seat, they began the journey back into town. Matthew still amazed by all of the greenery surrounding his new home. They both didn't want this day to end. Sadly they reached Matthew's house and parted ways.

"Thank you for an amazing day. We should do it again some time." Matthew said.
"Yeah, we should." Christopher said.
"I'll see you Monday?" Matthew asked.
"Absolutely!" Christopher chuckled.

Matthew leaned in and kissed Christopher deeper than before. He lingered for a bit longer.

"Goodnight." Matthew chuckled.
"Goodnight." Christopher laughed breathlessly.

Matthew went into his house and proceeded to run to his room and text Elliot about the whole thing. Today was another day he'd think about forever, but this one he'd actually remember.