forty-six : daddy issues

‼️TRIGGER WARNING‼️ Anxiety, panic attacks, Daddy issues, estranged father, triggering language and situations.

Christopher's dad forced him to spend time with him. He came around when Christopher was working on his car. He had the garage door open, his car was jacked up in the driveway. He was under his car; tools littered all over the ground. He had the hood popped, he was changing his oil. He already had drained his old oil, he was putting in a new filter and refilling the car. A car pulled up, it was his dad. He felt the panic well up in his chest, he cleared his throat and tried to keep it at bay.

"Hey Chris!" His father greeted him.
"Hey." Christopher sighed.
"This yours?" His father asked.
"Yes." Christopher responded.
"It's a little old for my taste, a little dirty, could use some new rims." His father remarked, he touched the car.
"Don't touch my car." Christopher remarked.
"Sorry." His father scoffed.

Christopher continued checking his oil, he pulled out the dipstick and put it back in a few times. He kept checking it.

"You have to fill it up a bit more." His father remarked.
"I know. I was just making sure." Christopher said.
"Here let m-" His father tried to intervene.
"It's my car, I know how to change my oil. What are you even doing here?" Christopher sighed.
"I was going to take you out to lunch." His father said.
"I already ate." Christopher responded.
"Well then never mind. Perhaps we can catch up soon." His father said.
"Maybe. I have to get going." Christopher responded, he shut the hood.
"Where?" His father asked.
"None of your business." Christopher scoffed.
"Where." He said sternly.
"None. Of your. Business." Christopher said.
"I am your dad." His father hissed.
"You are not my dad. You are my father." Christopher seethed as he went to walk away.
"Tell me where you're going." His father grabbed his wrist.
"Why? So you can stalk and hurt everyone I love?" Christopher said.
"I would like to know who my son is hanging out with." His father responded.
"You don't get that luxury anymore." Christopher scoffed. "Let go of me." Christopher pulled his wrist back.
"Take this poor car for a wash. Shouldn't own a nice car if you can't take care of it." His father remarked.
"I take care of her just fine." Christopher fumed. "better than you take care of your so called family." Christopher said under his breath.
"What did you say to me?" His dad scoffed.
"You heard what I said." Christopher retorted.
"Little bastard." His dad started forward.

Christopher ducked when he saw his father's fist coming for him. He punched the wall of the garage. Christopher's heart was racing, his hands were gently shaking.

"Little asshole! Ducking and running just like your mother." His father remarked.
"Don't talk about my mom like that." Christopher pushed him. "Get the fuck out of here. If I see you here again, more than just your hand will be bruised." Christopher threatened.

His father scoffed and stormed off. Christopher changed his shirt and got in his car. He drove and drove to get his mind off his dad. He sat in his car in a random parking lot. He caught his breath and gathered his thoughts, he listened to his music and breathed out his anxiety. He calmed down and called Matthew.

"Hey." Christopher said.
"Hey, you okay?" Matthew asked.
"Yeah, i'm okay. What are you doing today?" Christopher asked.
"Nothing really, just some chores." Matthew responded.
"What kind of chores?" Christopher asked.
"Laundry, get my skates sharpened,  find my rollerblades, and my mom wants me to wash the car." Matthew said.
"Wanna make it a date? I need my skates sharpened and according to my father my car needs a wash." Christopher scoffed.
"Wait your father was around?" Matthew asked.
"Yeah. We'll talk about it when I get there, i'll see you then."Christopher smiled.
"I love you, drive safe." Matthew smiled.
"I love you." Christopher grinned.