seventy-four : come out and play

August

Matthew woke up, he stared at the ceiling in excitement. It wasn't too early or too late, today was the day. Today, was hockey try outs. He checked his phone to see if Christopher had texted, he hadn't. Matthew sent him a wake up text.

Grayson❤️: wake up captain, it's your day to shine my love <3
Grayson❤️: this is your warning text before I start calling

Matthew got up and showered. It was a pointless shower, he was going to have to take another shower in a couple hours anyway. He knew that, but it helped him center himself. Matthew felt the water hit his face and trickle down his body, the drops running down his chest. The lukewarm water helped wake him up and feel alive. He washed up and got out. He sat on bathroom counter, a towel wrapped around his waist. Half an hour had passed, Christopher had yet to respond. Matthew called him. It rang a couple times, Christopher would've ignored it if it wasn't his boyfriend.

"You rang?" Christopher groaned.
"Wake up, we got shit to do today." Matthew said.
"Good morning to you too." Christopher replied.
"Get up baby, I'll pick you up in a few hours." Matthew smiled.
"Why don't you come over now? We can warm up." Matthew could hear the smirk.
"I just showered." Matthew chuckled. "Im not even dressed yet." He said.
"Neither am I, look at that. We're already prepared." Christopher responded.
"Get up and get dressed, you flirt." Matthew smiled.
"I will eventually." Christopher sighed.
"Don't forget to eat something." Matthew added.
"I won't mi amor, te quiero mucho. (i love you so much.)" Christopher said.
"I love you too." Matthew smiled. "Now go get ready, I'm going to make sure you're not sleeping in an hour." He continued.
"You know me so well." Christopher smiled.

Matthew hung up, he sat on the counter for a bit swinging his feet and smiling to himself. He noticed what he was doing.

"Jesus Matt, he's got you swinging your damn feet, blushing and shit." Matthew smiled to himself.

He got off the counter and dressed. He put on some comfy clothes, he was gonna change out of them soon anyways. He put on his favorite hoodie of Christopher's, his athletic leggings, socks, and some shorts. He did his skincare and checked the time, an hour had passed. He checked his phone.

Christopher💕: I'm awake don't worry
Christopher 💕: I'll be ready on time, i know how excited you are for today <3

Matthew smiled at his phone. He judged himself for blushing and went to the kitchen. He sat at the island counter and ate breakfast, just something light. After eating, he went to his car. He popped the trunk and got his stick and roller blades. He laced his skates up and put his earbuds in.

*Now playing Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana*

The music filled his veins, the guitar flooded his ears. He started skating around the driveway, he only did some light warming up. He was there for a while, he noticed the time. He threw his rollerblades and stick back into his trunk and went to get his ice hockey gear. He grabbed his bag and tossed it in the trunk. He climbed in his car and started it, his phone immediately connected to the stereo.

*Now playing Come out and Play by The Offspring*

Matthew sang along and drove down the road to his boyfriend's house. He drummed on his steering wheel as he drove. He pulled up outside, Christopher ran out as soon as he heard Matthew's music. He threw his gear in his trunk and jumped in the passenger seat.