one hundred : you're on your own, kid

‼️ABSENT PARENT & FAMILY DEATH ‼️

continued...

Christopher sat behind the wheel of Matthew's car, bending around every curve of the asphalt, shifting up and down with the flow of the road.

"You gonna tell me what's bothering you?" Matthew asked.

Christopher didn't hear him, he was too busy thinking so loudly even the heavens could hear.

"Hayes!" Matthew said a little louder.
"Hm?" Christopher hummed.
"You gonna tell me what's bothering you?" Matthew repeated himself.
"Oh, it's..." Christopher paused. "nothing." He sighed.
"Christopher." Matthew said.
"What?" Christopher questioned.
"I can't force you to tell me, but I will listen if you want to share." Matthew placed his hand atop Christopher's.
"I know." Christopher brushed it off.
"Okay." Matthew was still concerned. "I love you." He said.
"I love you." Christopher smiled weakly.

They sat in awkwardness for what felt like forever, Motionless in White faintly filling the deafening silence.

"It's just..." Christopher sighed. "I wish some people could see me make those accomplishments. That's all." He said.
"I know baby. I know if abuelito could see you now-" Matthew started his heartfelt words of comfort.
"No, I wish he could be here, but I just wish my dad could be here." Christopher interrupted.
"Your dad?" Matthew questioned. Christopher never used that word.
"My father. I wish my father could be here." Christopher huffed, angrily correcting himself.
"Chris, I wish he wouldn't have ruined everything for himself. He missed out on a great kid." Matthew said.
"He did." Christopher sighed.

Christopher just kept driving, he was driving past the cemetery. He stared at it.

"Matt, I want you to meet someone." Christopher said.

Matthew just looked at him confused. Christopher pulled into the cemetery, he parked on the pavement right next to his grandfather's headstone.

"What are we doing?" Matthew asked.
"C'mon, I'll show you." Christopher said, getting out of the car.

He walked down the small hill, standing in front of abuelito's headstone. He turned around, looking at Matthew, he offered his hand out and gestured to come closer.

"Is this him?" Matthew asked.
"Yeah, this is him." Christopher sighed.

Matthew stared at the stone.

"Jason Ruben Gonzales"

Matthew wrapped his arm around Christopher, rubbing his shoulder with his thumb.

"You want a minute alone?" Matthew asked.
"Please." Christopher said.
"Okay." Matthew smiled, kissing Christopher's cheek.

Matthew walked back to the car, sitting on its hood.

"Abuelito, I don't even know where to start." Christopher sighed. "We won state, again." He chuckled. "I wish you could've seen me, seen how happy abuelita was. I did it." He felt a tear fall down his cheek. "God I wish you were here." He started crying. "I wish, he, was here. I know, I know, he's a dick, but I deserve a dad too." He looked longingly at the headstone, sniffling. "I finally brought Matthew, that's him. That's his Camaro, I know, he's got taste and he's a keeper. I seriously hope he's the man I marry, he's my life." He smiled. "He's my angel."