Chapter Nine❤️

a/n: vote before you read, redbeanbuns❤️!

"You have to know that Lili Park has lots of unleashed potentials within herself"

 The piano teacher says to a tight - lipped Clare Park who emotionless staring into the oblivion of the dark auditorium.

Her eyes are fixed upon no one else but her eldest grandchild, the pride of the Park family who dresses in black, asymmetric dress that shows of her pair of elegant, maturely bony shoulders like her mommy. 

Her long, blonde hair is twisted into a low ponytail as to finish the look elegantly. One glance is all needed to realize how pretty similar the teen looks like to her mommy when Roseanne was around that age. 

But it doesn't mean that's enough for the older woman. 

"You have to make sure she nails this piece, Ms. Park. Or I will have to assure you that she wouldn't get past the selection test" 

The piano teacher says again. This time, her voice is solemn and Clare doesn't waste any more time as she nods and tells the teacher that she will see whatever that she can to put Lili Park back on track.

It pretty much occurs to her that the pride of the family needs a little bit wake up call to make sure she remembers to whom she is standing and serving for. No one else but her family, her clan that helps her to be where she is right now. 

"Lili Park" the melodious, unreadable voice echoes when Lili steps down the main stage and approaches her grandmother. The woman looks at her with eyes so rigid that Lili knows she must have put her foot wrong again, this time. Because her Halmoni isn't someone that get pissed off easily.

"We need to talk" she lifts her black Birkin bag from the empty seat next to her shoulder and Lili says nothing. Not even a yes or a no but her body moves at her own speed, following after her grandmother who exits the auditorium into another small room where small talk about her performance is often shared and criticized. 

"What were you thinking?"

Her foul accusation begins and Lili takes a sharp breath. "I was going fine" the teen defends herself but her voice is more like a whisper than a statement. She doesn't dare looking at her fuming grandmother right now so she has her eyes on the dull floor instead.

Her teeth clenching her jaws as she tries to tell herself not to cry. Or she would be deemed weak for not being able to withstand whatever shit that is thrown to her. 

"Fine?"

Clare Park asks. Her voice is smooth and slow but it doesn't mean that it's not dripping with every ounce of venom that could kill. "You called that fine?" hard breathing is heard echoing in the small room and the older woman narrows her eyes in disgust at her granddaughter.

"Don't you dare crying, Lili Park. I do not raise weak women. Get a hold of yourself, Lili because you know better than anyone else out there, that nobody is going to do that for you. Not your mommy, not your aunt. Not even me"