BTF: Chapter Twenty One 💙

Lisa's pov

Only Lilibear would sit around the table, joining Rosie and I and her lioness of a mom at the dinner tonight. I guess it has been decided for a while now that Lilibear's two younger sisters wouldn't be joining us at the table tonight as Rosie had phone her big sister, Jisoo to pick the girls an hour ago for a dinner date at a pet cafe not far from home, the same place they both had been begging their mommy to go lately. 

I take a deep breath as I glance at my own reflection in the mirror. I need things to go perfectly well or it's the end for me and Rosie. I know for a fact this time that she won't let my hand go again, but still I don't want to stand in between her mother and the blonde I love more than my own life.

Rosie waltz herself gracefully into the privacy of our bedroom where a picture of her three young daughters rest on her nightstand.

She tiptoes and lands a kiss on the tip of my nose before pressing her face delicately so as to not ruin her makeup for the occasion lightly against the crook of my neck. 

"Things are going to be okay" she promises me, her long and slender finger tracing the way the coat hugs my shoulder before her action stops and she looks up to stare at me with her brown eyes.

"You do trust me, don't you?" she asks, her lips are pressed together afterwards and I nod, inhaling a sharp breath before leaning in to seal a kiss on her forehead. "I do, actually my darling"

"Well, then I suppose you would have to stop being so nervous," she jokes and I truly understand what she's trying to do. Rosie is trying to uplift the mood inside the room and trying her best to fade my nervousness away.

But instead of agreeing to her notion, I find myself smiling awkwardly. "I guess I have to. She's your mom after all and we don't want to forget just of how much she hates me"

"She doesn't hate you" my blonde speaks. Her hand softly caressing my cheek. She eyes the clock on the nightstand before looking at me again. "She's just mama. You know her. She's grumpy only because she loves me"

"Well, I love you too"

I breathe out. Rosie nods her head once. Then twice. But her lips are still sealed. After a moment, she finally decides to speak.

"I know you love me," she says. "But promise me, you won't be mad at her? I know she's going to be difficult. But she's my mom and I'm not going to be really happy if I have to choose between you or her because that would be impossible and ..."

She starts to ramble and I waste no time in kissing her. "I know" I mumble in the kiss. "I'll try to hold on for you, okay?" I ask, still kissing her and she pauses, retracting her lips an inch apart, her eyes are closed but her lips curl into a smile.

Softly and slowly, she begins to open her eyes again and I'm suddenly reminded of how much I could be missing those warm, brown eyes.

"For me?" she asks, her cheeks blushing and I nod, pressing the tip of my nose against her side of head.

"For you"

💙💙💙

I sit at the end of the table, opposite from where her mother sits with legs crossed under the table. Her basic Givenchy t - shirt hugs her figure amazingly for a woman her age and her long, dark hair is twisted into a professional bun.

She has full make up on and her left hand bears a black Fendi scrunchie around her wrist. She has this cold look of hatred reserved only for me at the dining table and the look remains even when Lilibear and Rosie join us a moment later.

C'est ce que tu vas porter ce soir ma chéri? That's what you gonna wear tonight my love?

She asks soon as Lilibear drops her chin to her chest as a sign of respect for the matriarch of the family. I'm not sure I follow her conversation though since French isn't my cup of tea.