Chapter Forty Eight ❤️

Chaeyoung's pov

It's all brand new in the room. Too brand new that it gets me freak out even when I sit on the brand new, soft matress that has a grey quilt all over it.

Over time, I start to realize that everything in the room comes with a purple tag that reads; Chaeyoungie with a purple heart.

If she thinks by doing all these, she can win my attention, she's truly wrong. Because I'm not easily bought.

I'm not as stupid as Lilibear who never has a mind of her own. Nor that I'm easily blinded by love like what Ji-Ae has always been.

I'm just Chaeyoung.

When I take a deep breath and wrap my hands around my head, the door opens a jar and mommy pops her head in between the small owning. "Hey" her voice echoes. "Can I come in?"

I don't say anything as I keep my head in my hands and try to think of happy stuff. But it's hard to think of happy stuff when you live in a broken family.

The bed creeks when she sits at the opposite side of the bed and plants her hands in her knees. She wears a black YSL pajamas that glow against her porcelain skin and her blonde hair is up as a messy bun.

"I'm..." she lets her shoulders slump as she talks. "I'm happy that you are here finally" she pauses and there's a small smile she offers for me in her tone.

"Home" she adds. There's an air of finality in it and that makes me sick even more. How can you call a prison that traps you in a home?

Then she turns her head around to look at me. Her eyes are round and there's a glimpse of hope when I lift my eyes to connect mine with her for a second.

"I hope you're feeling the same, Chaeyoungie"

She says, eyes never leaving mine as I look away. Her voice shivers for a moment and she coats her nervousness by clearing her throat and chewing her lower lip.

Her hand starts to fist and unfists. And her knees start to tremble even when she sits on the bed. I guess she is just purely nervous for this moment as I am. But we both have different reasons.

She is nervous to have me accepting her back.
I am nervous to have her taking me back.

"Chaeyoungie..."

She drags my name as she tries to move closer and just like a lightning that strikes so quickly, I leave the spot on the bed to stand up, my back against the wall as I narrow my eyes at her.

"I know what you want me to do" I say to her. She inhales a sharp breath as if to say, here comes the shit.

"You want me to count you in" I spot the word out at her. "But you can't count me in because I don't want in. Because I can justify what I feel about you anymore!"