BTF: Chapter Seventeen💙

Roseanne's pov

We decide to hit the mall after the kids are thoroughly washed and are now hungry for dinner.

Lisa never trusted me enough with my hands around the steering, she says I drive too fast and honk unnecessarily.

So, she takes the spot and becomes our chauffeur for the night. It's still unreal when I get out of the car and see her still looking at me in that way, like I'm the only one she has ever seen.

And although both of us have agreed that we'll forget the past and focus on what's in front of us right now, it somehow hurts still to remember she used to be with someone else that's not me.

But I wasn't an angel myself back then too.

I was too fucked up. But right now, I know we are making progress. Because she's looking at me in that way again and I'm willing to throw whatever shit to make this thing between us work.

Because we both know for a fact, that we can't stand being apart, for we are each other's hearts.

"Stop that"

Her voice is the level of a whisper and it brings me back down to Earth almost instantly. I look at her, blinking my eyes and curl my lips as I speak. "What?"

I ask and it takes a moment to realize that she's hesitating to answer that question and her face is slowly turning pink.

Which makes me want to laugh but also melt because she's being so extra cute. "You are staring at me"

She finally says, running her eyes on the girls for a moment before back on me. "In a manner that makes me feel uncomfortable"

"Oh, really?"

I smirk at her, taking a few steps until we are inches apart. "Like what? And why are you feeling uncomfortable?"

"Really?"

Lisa laughs as she bends over to pick Ji-Ae up with her hands. "I don't want to say it in front of the kids, Rosie"

"Well, maybe then you should stop looking at me in that way too"

I tease her and her adorable ears turn pink too. "I don't know what you're talking about"

She says and Ji-Ae nods, blowing raspberries at her mama's cheek. "Yeah" she muffles her voice against Lisa's porcelain skin. "I also don't know" she adds which makes Lisa laughs.

"Come on, little love"

Lisa says as she marches towards the inside of the building. "We have got a dinner to attend" she pauses as she looks at the girls. "Lilibear, Chaeyoungie. What's wrong?"

"Chaeyoungie said her tummy hurts"

Lilibear blurts out which makes me turn to look at my second born who is currently clutching to her stomach. "Well, that's what you get when you play your phone too much"

I scold her but Lilibear scowls at me funnily. "Mommy, you don't get stomach ache from playing phone"

"You do, Ms. Park"

I look at her firmly.

"Says who?"

The eldest scowls for a second. I cross my arms as I look at her, then her younger sister. "Well, says me. Now, Chaeng. Get your butt off the seat. We are gonna go for a dinner"

"But my tummy really hurts"

The kid whines. I take a breath as I snatch her phone and throw the device into my bag. "See? I eradicate your phone now. Your tummy should feel better in five minutes"

"Ugh, mommy. You're so annoying"

"Well, you are no different either"

💙💙💙

"What's wrong?"

I ask Lisa as we are settling down around the booked table. She glances at me but not for long. "Lisa" I grab her hand but she pulls away respectfully. "Hey"

My tone now starts to worry. But her eyes are calm as she grabs her phone and texts me while we wait for the food.

Love❤️
We can't hold hands

She texts. I look up from the screen of my phone and knit my eyebrows. "Why?"

Another buzz. It's a text from her.

Love❤️
People might see :(
I don't you to be in trouble

"Don't be stupid"

I shake my head, trying to reach for her hand under the table so that we can enjoy our dinner in each other's warmth but she denies me even the simplest of contact and pays attention more to her kids than my disbelief stare.

💙💙💙

"Lisa...."

"I don't want people to get the wrong idea of you"

She looks at me. We are now alone, together inside the room of our home.

"What do you mean the wrong idea?"

I ask her. "Lisa, we are never the wrong idea"

"I get that" she cups my face. "But I'm ..."

"I chose you"

I look at her. "And I'm not going to deny that. Ever"

"But I don't want people to hate you"

"They won't" I tiptoe to kiss her. "I love you. Always"

"Yeah" she looks at me. Smiling with her eyes. "I love you too"

💙💙💙

rosesarerosiest

Liked by jennie, _sooyah and 15, 045, 214 others

rosesarerosiest With ❤️

**Comments disabled**

💙💙💙
30 votes for the next adventure 😮‍💨