BTF: Chapter Thirty - Six 💙

A/n: Make sure you voted in the last chapter and in this one too! Happy reading! 💙

Rosie's pov

I take her hand in mine as we walk down the narrow lane and to the spot where Lisa had found earlier; a nice spot facing the lake. Softly, I kiss her jawline which makes her grin because it always tickles her so badly when I do that.

Resting my chin on her shoulder, I sigh a little. "It's unfair how nature can get so damn breathtaking, don't you think?" I air my two cents out for her to comment but instead of agreeing, she shakes her head lightly.

"I don't think that's accurate" she throws a small stone into the lake and the water ripples before it's calm again.

"I've never found someone or something as breathtaking as you and I know it sounds cliche but nothing has got my eyes and my attention as much as you"

She grins, turning her head to one side as she glances at me through her peripheral vision and my heart starts to flutter.

It has always been that way; if I'm to clarify; since the very day I first laid my eyes on her, to the day she dropped to one knee many months ago; again with the same question she had asked me tirelessly on many occasions; Will You Marry Me? And I'm so proud I told her a yes.

We danced at our wedding, with Ji-Ae in between us; latching against my right kneecap because the kid wouldn't let her mama steal her mommy away and my two pride and joy; Lilibear and Chaeyoungie to watch from their seats with eyes brimming with tears.

My mama came and although she said she had no reason to shed tears; I caught her more than once bringing the white napkin to her eyes.

Honestly, I can't be happier than the life I have found.

"Love?" Lisa's sultry voice catches my attention and when I direct my eyes to look at her, she already has this look of concern imprinted on her face. "Are you okay?" She faces me completely, her hands framing my face and I break her a small smile.

"Of course" I calm her down. "It's just, I'm thinking about something" I play with her short hair and she arches her left eyebrow, looking so fucking attractive with sweat dripping down her sideburn. I can't blame her. Even though it's still morning here, the heat can already be felt.

"Nothing much" I assure her but she refuses to buy my story. "Is everything okay?" she asks again and I sigh before resting my head against her shoulder. "Everything is, that's what I'm thinking about; about how perfect everything seems to be now and we never know what's gonna hit us in the future"

"Well, whatever that's going to hit us in the future doesn't concern me" Lisa kisses my hand lightly before kissing my lips and retracts back only to let her stupid smile lights up her face. "Because I'm only living in the present with you and the kids"

"But what if something happens and we are back to square one?"

I ask her, my voice wavers a little as the experience of the past comes back to haunt me. Lisa stares at me for a second.

Her hair was still a mess from last night's activity and her lower lip a little bit swollen from our many kisses that we shared and continue to share and when the sun finally comes out of the hiding; really comes out;

and shines so bright on Lisa that it turns her dark hair to golden and sparkling mess under the pretty light, I come to a realisation of how utterly good looking that she is.

But instead of keeping silence longer between us, she gestures for me to sit on her lap and I comply, kissing her lightly on the jaw before proceeding to play with her strong fingers.

"Then we are gonna find each other back" she replies, eyes on the lake before us. "Because when you love someone, you never give up on them. No matter what. And I'll find you. And you'll find me. Because we are meant to be and God knows that too"

"I can't really put into words" I take a deep breath as I look at her, tears start to fill my eyes. But before they manage to roll down my cheeks, she wipes them away. "Of how much I really am in love with you"

"Me neither" she says. "But does a hug work?" she chuckles and I nod, pressing my face against her collarbone as I inhale her scent. She always smells so good; my wife. A hint of vanilla and mint and I nod my head. "Yeah, it does".

💙💙💙

I watch Chaeyoungie and Lisa jump into the lake, head first before Lisa comes back to get the little love from the other side of the lake. She wears a giant donut buoy around her waist and her feet flapping once they are inside the water.

I giggle watching the trio in the water as Lilibear seats next to me under the comfy tree shade with a plate of barbeque she got from the hot grill Lisa made a few moments ago.

"Do you want some?" She passes me her plate and I thank her, taking a bite of the smoky sausage before returning the plate back to her. "It's so nice to be out of the city sometimes" she comments and I agree.

"Yeah" I wrap my arm on her shoulder and she lets her head fall on my shoulder while she slowly munching her own sausage.

"I'm happy now" she says and I look at her for a second to understand what she meant by that. "I mean" she begins, eyes on the trio in front of us who are now playing with a deflatable ball in the water.

"You're back with mama. And Chaeyoungie is becoming a little better, I would say. Did you know I found her in the bathroom the other day, trying my Gucci makeup?"

"No way" I chuckle and Lilibear grins instead, nodding her head. "Yes, I know, right? It's unbelievable but I told her we need to go to see the Dermatologist first to know what type of skin she has and whatever ..."

"Chaeyoungie and makeup?" I lift my eyebrows and Lilibear can't help but to grin at the thought. "I know they don't fit in the same sentence, mommy. But she's making a progress"

"If that's what you said"

"And you are married" she points out, her finger lightly grazing the small ring resting around my ring finger. "And that too with mama. And I couldn't be happier"

"Me too" I give her a light squeeze on the shoulder that makes her smile. "I'm happy too" 

💙💙💙

Drop some comments and do vote! Vote is crucial peeps 💫