BTF: Chapter Twenty Three 💙

Lisa's pov

"Thank you for calling me right away"

I say to Miyeon, the newly appointed teacher at the daycare I send my youngest little one on weekdays after deciding that yes, she does need to learn on how to make friends with other kids that are not her two sisters and mommy.

Miyeon smiles softly at me, her hand moves to her hair, tugging it strand behind her ear as she speaks while looking at me right in the eyes, slightly blushing.

"It's nothing, really," the teacher says. "I guess, it's just one of those days that kids want to stay at home rather than coming to school and making friends" she jokes which is able to make me smile a little.

"You might be right" I turn my eyes to look at my little flower, Ji-Ae. The thing about the walking little dumpling with dimpled cheeks is that she is growing every second and by now her height has quite reached to my waist. And she's only 5 years old.

"What's wrong, little love?"

I ask, picking her up from where she previously hugged my left leg and with her face wearing an adorable scowl. I smooch her cheeks and she tries to remain quiet and angry as a kitten but fails after the third attempt of me trying to bite her fluffy cheek.

"Mama, no" she giggles, her sausage little fingers holding me by my neck, obviously trying to stop my attack on her cheeks. I laugh as I find her adorable with that toothy smile now replacing the scowl.

She sniffs her nose once before blinking her eyes, her mouth munching at nothing as I land my nose against her chubby cheek, blowing raspberry that makes her giggling louder.

"That tickles"

The baby mumbles, laughing airily and I nod my head, agreeing to what was being said. "You're right, it tickles. And I love tickling you. You make the best sound in the world" I say, continuing to blow raspberries on my daughter's chubby cheek.

Miyeon stands there, clasping her hand to her front side of the body, her lips curling into a smile as she watches the other side of me with the baby.

"Now, say goodbye to the teacher" I say after clearing my throat from all the laughter I shared with my youngest little one. "Because we are gonna go home and wait until Lilibear and Chaeyoungie home to play with"

"Okay" the baby says comically before waving her chubby fingers at her teacher. "Goodbye, see you later hot chic"

"Ji-Ae!" I laugh as I throw her in the air and she giggles as well once she falls back into my arms and we kind of snuggle against one another for a moment before I kiss her cheek one last time and turn my head to look at Miyeon.

"So sorry about that. This one practically says whatever on her mind without filter"

"It's alright," Miyeon replies. "She's a kid. I understand"

"Thanks" I say lastly before walking away with the kid nibbling on my earlobe, chanting cupcake all the way until we get into the car.

💙💙💙

When we got back home, Rosie awaits in black tank top and shorts. Her blonde hair rests upon her shoulders, grazing the pristine skin. She looks at me, then at the baby in my arms that's clapping her hands to go to her mommy.

"Come here, little one"

She says,taking the baby from me. Her eyes scan mine for a moment before she kisses Ji-Ae's cheek. "Ah, you're back early from school. How was it?"

She asks and the baby hides her face in the crook of her mommy's neck, pudgy little fingers travelling up and down Rosie's face.

I excuse myself into the kitchen and start to make something to eat for both of us, and also for the girls when they come back home from school.

"I'm tired" I hear the baby mumbles to her mommy as the tv comes alive and the sound to her favourite Peppa is heard. "Is it? Then let's cuddle. I'm going to recharge back your energy"

And I hear nothing else after that.

💙💙💙

What seems forever of silence ends when Rosie walks into the kitchen. She looks at me, pressing her lips together until the color wears off and what's left is white, which is the absent of color.

"What were you thinking?"

She begins. "Leaving me like an idiot at the restaurant"

"I did what I have to"

I defend myself, ignoring her stern stare.

"And by that you mean leaving me all alone, wondering what I did wrong?"

"You know what you did wrong"

I snarl.

She groans. "What do you want me to do? Sit at home. Cancel everything. Be good little woman you love? Lisa, we have kids. I have to work. It's not like you're going to work anytime soon"

"What do you mean?"

I inhale, looking at her. "Yes, I said the right thing. One of us has to work to make things go around in this house and I understand completely that that person isn't going to be you"

"I much prefer silence than a whining blonde"

"You are right. You prefer silence than a whining blonde and I'm willing to give you that. But not when you are behaving like a total asshole"

She yells, then automatically turning her tone down after hearing the sleeping baby on the couch mumbling sleepily. "Lisa"

Rosie says as she looks at me. "Can you just see stuff from my perspective too? I'm sorry you can't lock me at home. I'm sorry for hurting you but don't think for a second that  I'll ever be sorry for being my own person"

"I'm not mad that you have to leave"

I groan, fisting my palms on the counter. "I'm just mad that there is distance again between us. Last time there ever was, we didn't end up great. What about this time? What will make it different?"

"It's going to be different"

She says softly, framing my face with her palms.

"Because we were no longer the people we were back then. We are different now, you and I and ..."

"It's easy for you to say that"

I push her hands off my face. "Just leave me alone"

💙💙💙

30 votes to the next chapter. I'll try to update as long as it's Friday 💛