Chapter Twenty Three ❤️

Lisa's pov

Lisa's pov

Six years ago

"We are going to terminate her access to the breathing support machine or ventilator" the doctor explained to Clare as she pointed at the machine that currently working as my daughter's lungs next to her bed.

"And to do that, we are going to pull the pipe that goes down her throat to her lungs and replace it with a pediatric nasal mask to provide the oxygen back to her"

"And how does that bring any different to what you are doing now?"

Jisoo asked from behind her mother. Clare nodded her head, a look of hungry for information was all over her face.

"Well, with the ventilator" another doctor stepped in to provide the much needed clarification.

"It plays the role of your lungs. That means to move air in and out of your lungs. That's what ventilator does. The nasal mask on the other hand provides oxygen under pressure into the airway of the lungs.

And since nasal mask is just something that you put on the external side to overcome the respiratory failure that the patient is showing,

the rate of generating new infection would be at 0.00% compared to the continuous usage of ventilator which will cause a new infection to generate if extubation is not performed"

"Well" Clare cleared her throat for a moment as Roseanne mumbled something into her ear with a worried face. "Are there any hidden implications if we say yes to this procedure?"

"There would always be an implication to something, Clare" I said but she didn't mind to listen at all.

"I refuse to hear anything coming out from the mouth of someone who is really the cause of this unfortunate situation" she stated, blaming me as much as Roseanne would and fixed her eyes on one of the doctor that raised her hand half in the air to answer the question.

I clenched my jaw as I observed all of them. They looked so eager to please her. It wasn't a bad decision if I was them.

Clare Park is one amazing figure, known for her power, her hunger for perfection and her influence among the high society of South Korea.

She is no figure to mess up with. If you get to her good side, it's like you have one foot already in the heaven, for she will make things easy for you.

But dare to get to her dark side, and you'll be dragged to hell. Of course, in this situation, the doctors would want to butter her up for future use but I don't think with their nameless name, it would get them anywhere anyway.

"There are only two things that we can say at the moment" the doctor muttered as Clare shifted to look at her.

"We took the tube out, she couldn't tolerate. Her lips turn blue quickly and she looks uncomfortable, so we would have to eventually re - intubate her again, which will somehow damage her health since it would open up to new infection to take place and the second one, if you think that you don't want to re - intubate her, we can opt to morphine and ..."

"Wait a damn minute" Jisoo intervened. "What were you saying? Morphine? You want to drug a little baby like that?"

"We would have to" the doctor said. "We don't want the baby to undergo some certain of difficulty while trying to ..."

"To what?" her big sister snapped rudely. "To fucking go away? Listen, the only reason of why we put her here is because we want to cure her. We want to bring her home and give her life. Give her everything that she wants, more than anyone here can ever imagine. But if you have the nerve to actually tell me in the face that by doing this procedure, we are gonna risk to losing her, then don't do it"

She shook her head twice. "Don't fucking do it. Don't fucking be a bunch of bastard murderers"

"I don't care about new infection" Roseanne said, literally not using her mind properly. "I just want her to stay the way she is now. Breathing"

"She is for now" I finally had enough as I looked at her. "Roseanne, if they don't do the extubation, that's it. She's not gonna make it"

"I certainly don't need you to jinx my granddaughter" Clare hissed. "Remember your place, Manoban"

"I am remembering my place" I said. "She is my daughter too and Roseanne can't keep making a decision she doesn't know the effect of" I pointed out in rage. "She needs to do that procedure, Roseanne. Or she wouldn't make it"

"Is that true?" Clare asked the doctor. "Is the bastard saying the truth?"

"We already on the same ground that extubation needs to be done in order to save your little angel" the head doctor mutters. "And yes, she's telling the truth"

"But I don't want to lose her" Roseanne muttered. "I can't lose my baby"

"We'll find a way to save her, ma'am" the doctor replied. "She'll make it"

❤️❤️❤️

Rosie's pov

I held her palm with my own, smiling faintly at the sight of Nini opening her eyes. "Hey, little angel" I said and it appeared to my eyes that she too, was smiling a little.

"Did you miss mommy?" I asked and she tapped my hand lightly which made me grinned brighter. She had been so responsive these past few days and I couldn't help but to really thanked the God for it.

"You know the trip we talked about?" I sat down on the stool next to her bed and booped her nose together with mine.

"The Disneyworld?" I said and the baby was silent but I knew she was listening. "Well, mommy talked to Halmoni and she said we can rent the whole park for a day or for as long as you want to stay there"

I played with her soft, little hair and her heartbeat increased. That meant she loved it. I knew she would.

"You love that don't you?" I turned to look into her eyes. "Well, I love that too. It sounds cool. Let's go there with your sisters and try all the rides they have there, yeah?"

I asked again as I kissed her cheek. She blinked her eyes as if saying yes.

"But we can't go to the roller coaster ride if they have any" I pouted. "Because mommy is scared of height and I don't think you would like that either. Do you know why?" I grinned as I kissed her again.

"Because you're my other half and my other half means that we think alike, like twins, you know?"

I laughed at how idiotic I sounded like and Nini blinked her eyes again as if to laugh with me.

"I love you so much, little angel" I whispered. "So so much"

❤️❤️❤️

a/n: don't forget to vote and comments. I hope you're enjoying every drop of the tea 🍵