Chapter Fifty Four ❤️

Roseanne's pov

I watch her from the small opening of the door as Lisa and Mina stand next to the bed, Lisa's hand holding Chaeyoungie's as she kneels on the floor, eyes never leave her

I was envious when Lisa told me they I should stand outside the room as she took the lead of explaining the whole situation to Chaeyoungie.

"Mina has to be there because she's her doctor" Lisa assured me when I asked why would she be in the room with another woman that wasn't me in the first place.

But maybe, she's right. It's for the best. Because from where I stand and peek at, I see Chaeyoungie listening to whatever Mina has to say and when things get too much, I think that she hides her face in the crook of Lisa's neck as the love of my live consoles her.

It hurts for a second to see that my Chaeyoungie wants her mama more than me to be there for her.

"Are you okay?"

Lilibear asks softly as she clears her throat and touches  my shoulder with her hand. Next to her, sitting on the bench is Ji-Ae taking a chunky bite of her donut with no care in the world.

"I am"

I say. But to think about it again, I guess from my voice alone, it's enough to give Lilibear a picture of how I really feel deep inside.

"Well" her eyes follow mine into the room, where they also land gracefully on the sight of her middle sister who is talking to Lisa about something. "You know, when things happen, uncomfortable things"

She pauses, pressing her lips together until they turn white and pale before releasing them back a moment later. A small smile on her face.

"You tend to look for someone who feels like home and maybe mama is home to Chaeyoungie"

"I know" I fake a smile but she pulls me into her arms.

My wise Lilibear.

I hug her hard and stifle my sobs. "I just ..."

"It's okay, mommy" she consoles me just like she does to her little sister. "I got you" she adds.

And I believe her.

•••

"Hey, baby"

I walk into the room when the whole session is over and she looks at me with a hint of shame in her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she crashes on the bed again, pulling along her blanket until it covers the too of her head.

"Out, I don't want to see anyone"

She grunts and I look at Lisa. "You said she was supposed to understand"

My voice is low and sceptical and she looks at me back with a small nod as she gestures for Lili and me to step outside.

But I plant my feet on the floor and cross my arms.