Chapter Fifty Seven❤️

Lisa's pov

Lisa's pov

"So" Jennie begins as she makes eye contact with me, her chin resting in the palm of her hand. Lies in front of her is a mug of piping hot coffee, fresh from the kitchen and a basket of bread.

We are currently occupying one of her favourite breakfast coffee shops, the one with bright paints and near to the place I work.

"You're with her again?" she asks and I clear my throat before slowly nodding my head. She doesn't say anything and that makes me worried.

Silence is never good, be it with her or anyone else because it can only mean one thing, hurt. And to hurt her is the last thing I ever want to do.

"Kind of?" I speak, breaking the long, uncomfortable and eerie silence. "Congratulations" Jennie gives me a small smile.

"You've always meant for her, I think," she adds, pulling her mug closer before bowing her head slightly as if to take a deep breath of the wonderful, freshly brewed coffee.

"It's not what you think in your head" I say to her. "We are trying to patch things up. All that has happened between us" I add and she studies me for a second, a faint smile ghosting her lips before she pulls the mug to her mouth and takes a long sip. "I know" her voice is small. "I'm just, fuck it. I'm happy for you"

"I know" I breathe out shakily as I lick my lower lip. "Jen" I finally sigh as I stretch my hand to collide with hers. She doesn't look at me this time, her eyes are more on the table rather than glancing my way.

"It's not the end of the world" I whisper as people are walking past both of us. It's just a matter of time before one of them realises that she is the Jennie Ruby Jane and circles her for autographs.

"You are going to find someone else who is better than me. Who will love you fiercely and protect you all the time. I promise you" I assure her but she just shakes her head and when she looks at me again, I notice how those pretty eyes that are normally calm and full of love are now stormy with thin liquid coating them.

Tears.

"Don't cry, honey" I say as I stand up from my seat to occupy the vacant one next to her shoulder. Automatically, I pull my arms around her figure and rest my chin on top of her head. "I love you" I whisper only for her to hear.

"I love you so much, Jen. But we are just not meant to be" I add and I can hear her whimpering against my chest. "But we were doing great" she supplies a few moments later, her voice breaking.

"We were doing great and it was just a matter of time before we told Roseanne and your kids and ..." her voice trails off as she pulls herself away from the hug.

"And this happened and you know what's the most heartbreaking point of this situation?" She looks at me and I shake my head, my eyes on the mug now as I feel unworthy to stare at her broken eyes.

"That I have to know about you and her coming back together as a fam through someone else"

She states and I take a deep breath to notice that even my heart breaks a little at that sentence. I was being so selfish lately when I had Roseanne in my arms again.

We have been facing lots of stuff together. With Lili and her suicide attempt, with Chaeyoung and her alcohol abuse and I never once thought of telling Jennie, that maybe, through the fall, Roseanne and I are trying again.

And now that we are almost together, Jennie is back, only to be wounded by the fact that I am fixing everything back with Roseanne, together this time.

"I'm sorry" I look at her. "I'm sorry"

"Sorry?" Jennie scowls. "Lisa, I was the home you took refuge in when things weren't right. And now that you've found your way back to the home you lost, and sorry is just what you can offer me with?" she shakes her head before mumbling bullshit under her breath.

"You know what?" she swallows her pain as she takes her bag from the other chair and stands up. "I'm just gonna go before I make another comment that I might regret later"

"Jennie, we have to talk" 

I say to her and few heads turn to stare. I press my lips together. I shouldn't be mentioning her name casually like that.

We don't want to attract people to look at us. But a teen looks at me long enough to shot her eyebrows upward. "Excuse me" she says. "Aren't you Rose's ex - wife that's now back with her?"

There is a silence before people start to circle me, bombarding me with questions and before I know it, Jennie is long gone already. 

***

When I arrived home that night, Roseanne is already there, waiting for me by the door. We kiss for a moment before she follows me in, her arm is around my own.

"You know" she sits down on my lap as I press my face against her back. "I saw the news and Jennie is back here from NYC. I'm so glad!"

She utters and I kind of stilled for a second. "What?"

I pretend not to hear her. Roseanne smiles as she kisses my forehead. "You're so funny" she grins, palm securing my left cheek as she looks into my eyes. I hope she doesn't see the lie in it. "Jennie is back. I think I'm inviting her over for dinner later"

"Oh, good" I bite my lower lip. "What's wrong?"

She asks. Damn. "Nothing" I lie. "What did you have for dinner?" I ask but before she can say anything, her youngest daughter, who is also mine drags her away from my lap before standing between me and Roseanne.

"Hey, that's not cool" she mumbles. "Don't steal my mommy. Roseanne is mine"

"Oh" I chuckle. "I'm sorry, baby"

She rolls her eyes like Roseanne would be turning to face her mommy who is also laughing behind her pressed palm to the mouth.

"And you, you're mine only. Elo, how many times should I tell you? I'm also tired if like this"

She scolds adorably and Roseanne pulls her baby who is way more heavier than her onto her lap and cuddles with the little love.

"I love you the most, my Dory" her mommy says. "Although you forget everything else, but you never forget I make you feel and that makes me love you even more"

The little kid blushes for a moment but when she looks at me, her eyes are narrowed. "More than her?"

Her small finger points at me and her mommy nods. "Yes, I love you more than her"

"Ok good" the kid nods in satisfaction. "You see" she smirks. "My mommy loves me more than she loves you" 

"Oh, wow. How mama is envy of that"

I say sarcastically and Roseanne just shakes her head, laughing again. 

"I'm gonna go and do my business" the baby says. "What business?" Roseanne stands up, ready to follow the mob. "I'm eating the cereal business" 

"Honey, it's like after dinner and you're eating cereal?"

"Funny, mommy. The box doesn't say cereal is for morning only"

"Oh wow, now you know how to fight me with you words. I like it. Come on, let's go, cereal machine"

Roseanne jokes before bending over to kiss my lips. "I love you but this kid we made? She got my heart more than you did" the singer says, winking her eye which makes me laugh so hard.

👀 Here's to the start of Chaelisa moments in this story since y'all have been requesting it a lot. 20 votes and another clue will be dropped. Come now. 🔪