BTF: Chapter Twelve 💙

Lisa's pov

I stare at her as she sleeps. Her face looks calm and she looks exactly like the woman I have fallen in love with, years ago.

Only now, her hair is shorter than how it used to.

Roseanne whimpers in her sleep, wiggling here and then but resting completely a moment later, her head against my chest as she falls deeply asleep.

And I hope for a moment that we can just stay this way until forever. Except that a phone suddenly rings obnoxiously, waking Roseanne up from her deep slumber and looks at me from behind her lashes.

"Morning"

She grunts as she turns her back on me and proceeds to hide her face under the blanket. "Five more minutes please, and whose goddamn phone is that?"

I look over my shoulder and notice it's a Sierra blue iphone. Definitely not mine because only Samsung works for me.

"I think it's yours"

I state, playing with her hair but she slaps my hand away and grunts again. "Then shut it up, please"

"Let me see who's calling"

I say, grabbing the phone and jab Rosie once again as it's a call from her favourite daughter, Lilibear.

"It's Lilibear. I think there must be something important"

"Ugh, just tell her mommy is sleeping"

She groans before proceeding to kick me under the duvet. I wince but laugh as I slide my finger on the screen to pick up the call. "Hey"

I clear my throat and there is silence for a moment before Lilibear's voice is heard. "Mama? Is everything okay? Why is mommy's phone with you? Oh ..."

Her voice trails off and I have to facepalm myself. "Nothing happened. I think I shitfaced last night and mommy came to help me out"

"Sure, sure"

Lilibear mutters. "You don't owe me an explanation. Please do not trouble yourself to that. I'm just calling to check on her since Ji-Ae is whining mommy has been kidnapped by one of the wandering souls she read from the horror comic Chaeyoungie bought her"

There's a voice of protest for a second which I figure out could be Chaeyoung before Lilibear's firm voice greets my ear again. "But she's with you. It's fine. I'm taking my sisters out for a sightseeing with your friend. Well be back before lunch. Maybe, we can grab lunch together later?"

"Sure. Text me when you guys are back"

"Very well" Lilibear states. Her reply is always so formal. "See you soon then"

"Yes, see you"

And the conversation ends. I put her phone back on the nightstand and look at Roseanne. Slowly, I pull her back against my chest and she adheres to the gesture albeit still sleeping.

"Rosie?"

I call, currently a little sober than last night. She hums tiredly, not literally mumbling anything. "Rosie?"

"Whattt?"

She grunts angrily which makes me grin. I rest my chin on her shoulder as I kiss her ear. "Will you marry me?"

💙💙💙

I know you miss our Ji-Ae. Hold on, she's coming in the next chapter ❤️ 30 votes to see her ahahshhs