Chapter Thirty One ❤️

Lili's pov

Lili's pov

"If you don't mind, Lilibear"

Halmoni interjects as she appears out of nowhere in one of her many, Chanel's fur jackets. Her loyal minions follow her around like a group of hounds.

"We have to go now. It seems like your mommy couldn't read clock well nowadays"

She adds, walking past me as she puts on thick gloves to hide her pale flesh. I frown for a moment, taking a deep breath before looking behind one more time.

We are at the Park's private hangar, a place where Halmoni has all of her planes and jets parked and serviced.

And right now, she's walking up the airstair with her most private secretary tailing after her, always two steps behind.

"But mommy promised me she would come say goodbye"

I retort from where I stand and Halmoni turns to face me from where she stands, a step away from standing in the tallest platform that leads her into the inner part of the private plane that belongs to her.

"Well, she isn't here now, is she?"

She asks delicately, almost like a sarcasm but I know for a fact that it's not.

Sarcasm is always the low product of a nonchalant person and Halmoni is never that to begin with.

"But" I stammer, looking away as I find it's very odd to stare into her all black, vicious eyes. "But she promised. And mommy never breaks her promise"

"Let me tell you a story, Lilibear" Halmoni turns around, arms are crossed as she looks at me.

"She used to say that a lot to your mama too. Look where her promise gets her today. A divorcee"

She smiles insecurely before clicking her tongue. "That probably answers your doubt" Halmoni says again before clearing her throat.

"Now, drop this childish act and start behaving like the supposedly educated, smart girl that you are, Lili Elizabeth Park"

My voice gets lost in the stern stare she gives me. Clenching my jaws and nodding slightly to her comment, I take a deep breath before a screeching sound from tires is heard from behind me.

The Maserati stops just in time before mommy leaves her car with the biggest smile ever in her face and pulls me into her hug.

"I'm so sorry, Lilibear" she says, kissing the side of my face repeatedly, her hand still hanging protectively around my waist. "I had a photoshoot with Elle and I came straight from the location"

She sifts her eyes to her mother who is probably looking at us from the upper platform.

"Hey, mom" mommy bobs her palm in the air before turning to face me, the same smile never leaves her face.