Chapter Twenty ❤️

Lisa's pov

Lisa's pov

I stare at the wall, wishing the time would pass by quickly but the thing about time is that when you want to pass so fast, all it does is just moving so slow so that the pain you feel somewhere within your chest will intensify.

And I can imply exactly that in this moment right now. The sound of thunder roaring doesn't impress me at all although from the way the wind is blowing, I can easily say that a really bad storm is heading this way.

The hospital could be on Code Orange all night long. "Hey" a calm female voice resonates from my left.

I lift my eyes off the scenery that stretches out the square - shaped window to a figure of Dr. Jin Yeong Seo in her green scrubs.

Her short, bob - cut hair fits her to perfection and there's this small, bashful smile on her face when our eyes meet.

"Dr. Jin"

I bow my head lightly in respect but she shakes her head, her palms rise from her sides to freeze right before her chest as she wiggles them gently.

"No, please don't do that. You're my senior. I'm the one who should do that, Chief" she explains but I tell her a simple no, one hand travels into the pocket of my scrubs pants. 

"We don't work that way here" I simply clear my throat as I speak again. "We respect everyone, regardless of the ranks and I hope you can do the same"

"Well, that's interesting" the doctor replies, a cup of hot coffee in hand. "I mean" she pauses for a moment, looking completely lost in her own thoughts.

"You know, things are handled quite differently here from SM hospital. I think I need to stop thinking that I was constantly in SM, you know" she sips through the cup she's holding before making eye contact with me. 

 "Don't you think I'm right?" Her dimples are shown, engraved against her cheeks when I find myself automatically relaxing around her presence and nodding to the notion.

"I think you are" I click my tongue. "So, if you don't mind, how's Seoul General is treating you?"

"Impeccable" she makes a sign using her finger marking a top tier service. I stifle a laugh as I look at her again.

She really is different from any types of women that I have had the chance to encounter in my life. And of course, she is so much different from Roseanne. 

Dr. Jin is a brilliant, independent and funny woman who knows exactly what to say and what to act when she is asked to, as my observation of her has managed to draw a conclusion.

"I mean, everyone here is so friendly. At SM, we couldn't even talk freely to our seniors. It's like we have this invisible barrier between us, so not much can be learned. But I would still say, "I'm proud that I was once part of it, you know?"

"I notice that now" I point out, my hands around my back as I cough. "You tend to induce a question by the end of your statement" I say and she grins like a kid that I have discovered a secret from. "Fine, charged guilty" she jokes which makes me laugh a little. 

"So, what's your story?"

She asks as we both sit down on the bench along the hallway of the hospital. "Um, I'm a divorcee" she smiles at me. "My husband divorced me because he had extramarital affair. How about you?"

She looks at me and I pause for a moment. What do I tell her? That Roseanne cheated on me? That she had extramarital affair to the extent that she was afraid our Nini wasn't mine but someone else?

My mouth dries instantly as I mentally zoned out. A tap on the back of my palm brings me back a minute later.

"You okay?"

Dr. Jin asks and I nod my head. "Yeah,"

"So, back to our conversation" she smiles at me.

"What's your story" I repeat after her and she laughs.

"Well, my ex - wife. She's such a wonderful person"

I start and she listens. "That's why you divorced her?" she asks after a moment of my silence. "Because she's a wonderful person?"

"It's hard" I smile. "But she's a wonderful mom with the kids. My teen who lives with me, she is a bit distant from her mommy because you know, when divorce happens and kids get mad and she's pretty much like that"

"Well, do you think you can ever fall in love again?"

"To ever love someone after Roseanne is just ... complicated"

"So, you still love her?"

"Like I said" I clear my throat. "It's difficult"

❤️❤️❤️

a/n: do you think lisa will never fall? vote and comments