Chapter Sixty Nine 🤍

Roseanne's pov

Roseanne's pov

I wrap my arms around her figure as she falls asleep, my eyes are fixed to her calm face. Five years ago when I decided to call it quit with Lisa, I didn't know that she was coming.

But she has never left since; my Ji - Ae, the pillar of my strength after Lilibear. Kissing her set of round cheeks gently, the silver knob is twisted to the left, revealing Lisa who has just come back from work. She wears a light grey sweatpants and a dark blue cotton t - shirt.

Her eyes are tired as they meet mine. I kiss Ji -Ae for the last time before sliding off the bed to welcome her back with a kiss. She allows me to do so. Even her arm finds comfort around my waist as I inhale her calming scent.

"Hey"

I say, breaking the silence. She doesn't follow my statement until a few moments later. "Hey" she echoes back, her lips against the top of my head.

I've always loved the idea that she is a few inches taller than me, than we stand like this in each other's arms, her chin would perfectly rest on my head while I fit like a puzzle against the spot of her chest.

"You're back" I look up only to find that she's already staring. Her eyes are tired but they are still loving. And they convince me in that moment that there is still a hope that Lisa is made for me.

"That I am" Lisa replies shortly. Her eyes are still holding mine and for a second, she looks as if she is not ready to look away.

"Are you okay?" I breathe out, my ear is pressed against her chest as I hear her heart beats calmly. "I think I am" her voice buzzes.

"Alright" I say, sealing the conversation. "I actually made some dinner earlier. It was nothing fancy but I wanted to wait for you to eat together"

I hold my breath as I wait for her response.

She combs my hair with her fingers, eyes staring at the movement of her hand than how my eyes are stubborn enough to keep clinging to her amazingly sculptured body.

"Sure," she finally says. "Why not?" she adds again, a ghost of a smile lingers on her lips as I look at her in disbelief. "You're gonna eat dinner with me? The one that I made for you?"

She doesn't try with words but instead, just nods her head before leaning in to kiss me on my forehead. "But I need to wash up first. Then, we'll eat" she pauses, looking at me before her thumb lovingly caressing my chin. "Is that okay with you?"

"Of course" I nod as bite my upper lip. "I'll be in the kitchen in case you need me" I say again and she agrees before disappearing behind the closed bathroom door.

🤍🤍🤍

I can't stop smiling for real right now, even though my eyes are sleepy and my body begs for a rest. Lisa has just complimented my food and I feel like I'm on cloud nine right now.

"So, you think I'm a better cook now?"

I ask, resting my head against her chest as we sit down on the couch with me on her lap and her strong arms around my figure protectively. Lisa lets out a small laugh before tightening her arms around me.

She doesn't speak further. Only her eyes are mirroring what she is feeling. "You still need to learn" she tells. "But I think whatever you did just now was great"

"Well, I did go to classes nowadays"

"Really?" she sounds surprised as she shoots her eyebrows upward. "Why?" she inhales.

"Because" I okay with her soft black hair. "I want to cook for you and the kids. I wasn't a great wife or mum back then. But I want to be better now. For you, for them. And for us"

That makes her silent for a moment. "You know, I think I don't deserve you sometimes"

"Lisa..."

"No, please" she begs. "Let me talk" she says and after I nod my head, she starts again. "It's hard for me after you left. Call me selfish or whatever, but I wasn't at my strongest point when you left, and after what happened with Nini"

She pauses as she looks at me sadly. "I was left broken than ever, and when I thought that nobody else could love me or made me felt like what you did, Jennie stepped into the picture"

She presses her lips until they turn pale and white before releasing them away. "And she made you felt better"

I tuck her dark hair behind her ear and although they are short and look boyish on her, they still have the feminine touch that makes her face look gorgeous, despite the sad look she wears.

"I didn't mean to make you mad" she says again. "But with you leaving and my world turning upside down, Jennie was there convincing me that there was life for me, even after you weren't in the picture anymore"

She says and her voice shivers like she's cold. But I kiss her cheek and convince her to continue, in which she does.

"It was meant to be a professional relationship with no feelings involved"

"And?"

"I was alone. And so was Jennie"

I take a deep breath myself. "So, you fell for her"

I conclude. Lisa doesn't say anything. "Hey" I cradle her face with my palms. She refused to look at me so I keep making her feel better as I press a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm not mad" I tell her which is the truth to the situation. "Well, at least at you because I knew, I left and you didn't have much choice on what to do"

"But I didn't expect to fall for her"

"Are you now?"

The silence is back and I know the answer already. But somehow, instead of making me fuming, it just makes me feel lighter.

"Honey" I call her. "It's okay. You don't have to rush. I will wait for you"

"But, Rosie" she pauses. "I don't want you to wait"

"But I'll wait" I say to her. "Always"

"I don't know how long it will take"

"Then I will wait patiently for you"

"But why?"

"Because" I look into her eyes as I kiss her good night. "When you're in love, you never give up on one another"

🤍🤍🤍

Y'all can take the last quote of the sentence. I think it's pretty 🥺 also drop some comments what y'all think will / should happen.

30 votes to the next adventure