Chapter Fifty Nine ❤️

Roseanne's POV

I look at the clock and frown for a second

I look at the clock and frown for a second. Apparently, Lisa and Jennie have been gone far too long than they should. Tilting my head to the left, I note Chaeyoungie and Lilibear talking about something they are catching together on Netflix.

"Hey"

I call out, breaking their conversation apart. Lilibear looks at me with her right brow arched upward. "Yes?" her voice drips with curiosity. I gesture at the sleeping baby against my chest. "I need to take a toilet break"

I lie and my first born nods her head as she stands up and takes her sleeping little sister into the room. Chaeyoungie looks at me before her eyes trails towards the kitchen. "Mommy?" she calls and I look at her. Her expression is confused. "I thought you said you wanted to take a toilet break?"

"Oh, yes"

I smile briefly as I grab my napkin from my lap and toss it on the table. "Will be back in a second" I say but before I can walk into the direction of the kitchen, Lisa appears with a new bottle of wine and a thin bead of sweat on her temple. Jennie follows suits with her lipstick now is smeared.

"Hi?"

I clear my throat as I look at both of them. Lisa looks away from me but Jennie maintains her eyes on me. "I'm so sorry" she says but I know she doesn't mean it at all. "I've something come up" she says again before walking past me and a moment later, I hear the front door is shut lightly.

"Lisa?" I look at my partner but she gives me a small, reassuring smile as I wrap my arms around her neck, kissing her lips lightly. "I'm not feeling well" she says after a moment. "Can we just sleep tonight?"

She asks and I nod, offering her a small smile. "Whatever you want, baby"

🤍🤍🤍

When I wake up in the middle of the night, I notice Lisa is not in the bed. Clearing my throat, I turn to my left and switch the lamp on the nightstand to read the clock. It reads three thirty in the morning.

"Love?"

I rub my eyes as I sit down groggily. Supporting my weight on my both arms, I push myself out of the bed and wrap the satin robe around my figure. Suddenly, the curtains ruffle from a rough wind which draws my attention towards the half - opened French door by the balcony.

Lazily, I mind my steps not to wake the baby who is sleeping soundly in the bed and aim for the French door. Lisa stands with her back facing me. Her eyes are lost in the glimmering lights from the city down there.

"Hey"

I break the silence slowly as to not startle her. She smokes for a moment before turning her head to look at me. Almost instantly, a smile lights up her face. "Hey"

She utters back, beckoning me as she lifts one of her arm and welcomes me into her hug, my face against her chest. "You woke up?"

Her fingers play with my hair and I take a deep breath of her scent before speaking back. "You did too"

"You're right" she exhales. "I can't sleep"

"Is there something wrong?" I look up, my eyes fall on her hell of a jawline. Lisa smiles softly as she looks down and our eyes meet. "Nothing" she swallows.

"Okay" I say as I look at her again. "Anyway, I love you"

"I love you too" she says back. "So much"

When she sits on the lazy chair by the balcony and welcomes me on her lap, I rest my head against her chest as she wraps her arms strongly around me.

She falls asleep faster than ever, her arms around my waist. I look at her, watching the face I love for years. If I'm gonna lose her again, I won't survive it this time.

🤍🤍🤍

Jennie's POV

I walk into the Trauma Unit looking for no one else but her. I guess she sees this situation coming that when our eyes meet briefly at the hallway, she pulls my hand into one of the many on - call rooms and pinches the bridge of her nose.

"I don't understand why is it so hard for you to understand" she fumes , pausing as she tilts her head to look at me. "I'm with Roseanne" she emphasizes. "And I'm not going to ruin our chance of getting back together again"

"Lisa"
I frame her face with my palms. "You're confused. You're over with her. She's nothing to you. You don't love her anymore. You love me. It's me. It's me always"

I state but she pushes me slightly, watching my arms drop to my sides as she shakes her head. "You're crazy" she breathes out shakily. "Just please. Leave me alone. Go back to New York or something"

"No"
I state firmly. "I won't go anywhere without you"

"Jen"

She calls sadly as she sits down at the edge of the bed and pulls her palms to cover her face. "You don't understand. I've a family with her"

She pulls her palms and stares on the floor. "And our kids need me. And her. And I'm trying my best to fix things again. Please, just let all of things that happened between us to slide away"

She begs and I can't stand the way she easily wipes me out from her story, like I meant nothing to her. Folding my arms to my chest and clicking my tongue, I look at her with narrowed eyes.

"You really think it's that easy to wipe me out?"

I ask after a moment and she finally lifts her eyes to meet my stare. "Lisa, I won't let you go. You're mine"

"I don't understand"

Lisa stands up. Anger in her eyes as she clenches her jaws. "I'm never yours to begin with"

"We slept together" I tell her the fact that she needs not to be reminded. "And now you won't even look at me like I never let you fuck me"

"Careful"

Lisa finally warns as she looks at me. "You don't know what you're playing"

"No, honey"

I lean in, pressing my lips against her white lab coat. She hisses as she pushes me slightly only to notice the mark my lipstick left on her left upper side of her coat. "Jen, what the hell did you do?"

"You said I didn't know what I'm playing"
I look at her with a sly smirk. "But honey, that sentence is for you. Because I'm a fire and you're a paper. And together we burn one another"

I say before looking at her one more time and exit the room.

"But she's your friend"
Lisa mutters. "Your very best friend and you're going to hurt her"

"Well" I flick my brown hair over my shoulders. "Everything is fair in love and war"

🤍🤍🤍

So, we have a little Jenlisa moments here lmao. But don't worry. Hope that keeps you worrying what's happening next. 21 votes for another chapter and kindly leave comments so that I can have something to read too!