Chapter Twenty Four ❤️

Rosie's pov

Rosie's pov

Six years ago

"We extubate her on Wednesday?"

One of the walking assholes - doctors - I meant, who took care of my little angel said as she walked into the room to converse with me and Lisa. Next to me, Lisa looked uncertain for a moment. "How about we confirm to you back on Wednesday?"

She asked, her voice was low and cautious. But the doctor interjected her thought in that moment by sharing her two cents.

"I get that you need more time, Ms. Manoban. But the race we have is also against time himself. If you by chance still want to delay the procedure, I would say that prolonged ventilation will somehow cause the muscles around her throat down to her lungs, the passageway of air, to weaken and that is a condition that we absolutely want to pass"

"No, it's not that" Lisa pressed her fingers to the back of her nape. "It's just, never mind" 

She looked at me before her eyes finding the face of our little angel. "I hope you find it in your heart to be brave"

She lifted her jacket from the back of the armchair. "I'll go and take her sisters here, so that they can also talk to her. As a precaution step, of course"

"She's gonna be fine" I fought her statement. "She promised me she'll make it through so that we can both go to the Disney World and have fun, Lisa"

"I know" she took a step closer to stand in front of me. Her eyes finding mine and I really wanted to push her away. But I can't.

I was frozen, when she pulled me delicately into her arms, her chin rested on top of my head.

"She's gonna be fine" I said again, my face against the crook of her neck. "I know" she replied the same. Her voice didn't change. It was firm. A sign that she too, was hoping as I was, to bring Nini home. 

"She won't go. She promised me"

"I know"

"And she'll be alright" I mumbled again and Lisa's hands were tighten around my waist.

"I know" she said, one last time and I sensed how her tone deflated. Like her hope was finally gone and she was only saying it as to convince her non - believer heart. 

I thought for a moment that she was convincing me. But she was rather convincing her heart. 

❤️❤️❤️

"What's heaven?"

Chaeyoung muttered from the left side of the bed where her little sister slept. She pointed to the book that Lisa had in her hand ever since the kids entered the room. I ignored my ex - wife as I leaned to kiss my Chaeyoung. She didn't hesitate but leaned in for more. 

"It's a wonderful place" Lisa started, Lilibear in her lap as she read the book. "Located so far away from where we live but yet so near to our hearts"