BTF: Chapter Ten💙

Lisa's pov

It's night and I feel suffocate having to trap myself inside the hotel room. My stomach growls for food and I do whatever others will be doing if they are ever in my shoes; grabbing my wallet and decide it's better to head out for a quick supper at nearby convenience store.

Or even a sip of the alcohol since it has been a terrible, awful day of having to watch Rosie flirting with her so - called ex - fiancée.

Aiming for the elevator, I almost run back to my room in embarrassment when I spot Jeongyeon standing in front of the elevator too with one hand travels inside the pocket of her knee - length shorts.

She wears a blue t - shirt advertising a band I never heard of and her hair is short and tousled as she hums to herself while waiting for the elevator to spring open.

But soon as my legs begin to function, she turns to her right and spots me right away, a smile on her face as she bobs her hand half in the air.

"Hey, Lisa"

Her voice reverbs and I just fake a smile as I force my legs forward. "Hey, Jeongyeon. What's up?" I ask, my throat growing tighter as she stares at me for a silence second before shaking her head, suppressing her smile.

"Great, I thought I might need a little booze and walk" she pauses before continuing again. "I think the beach is a nice spot? Yeah?"

"Yeah, sounds like a nice spot" I clear my throat. She studies my outfit for a moment before asking again.

"Are you going out for a drink too? Maybe, we can go grab it together. It's on me" she offers and before I can decline her offer, the elevator springs open and she walks in first before turning to face me. "Are you coming?"

"Sure" I say, adding a smile as well so that I don't really sound as if I'm being forced. We arrived at the ground floor and she walks towards the front desk with me tailing her from behind.

I hear they talk about which spot is the best for a drink and the admin suggests it's the place not far from hotel, a bar by the beach where tourists often occupy during their stay.

"That sounds cool" Jeongyeon says as she looks at me and beckons towards the revolving doors. "I think Thai is a great place to come and relax"

"Well, it is" I say. "But you get suffocate sometimes"

"Really?" she looks at me. "How so?"

"When you have something else in mind" I look away as we walk towards the suggested bar by the beach. "It's so hard to stay calm and collected, even when that's the only thing you want"

"Can't blame you" Jeongyeon raises her palm in front of her chest at a bodyguard who waits by the entrance.

She mumbles something about the recommendation from the hotel and the guy looks at me before nodding his head and letting us both in.

We make a beeline towards the bartender station and order our drinks. They come a minute later. Mine is old margarita, hers is classy martini. We both fall into silence for a second as we take a sip of our drinks respectively.

And finally, when we order a refill, she looks at me, the same smile now in her eyes as she begins to open up. "When Rosie left me for you, I was a lot like what you are now. Clueless, unsure of what to do because everything I looked at, they reminded me of her"

I clench my jaws as the second drink arrives and don't really think as I engulf its content straight into my throat, not even wincing at the way it burns my throat and setting my lungs on fire. I signal for the bartender to refill my drink and he does so at a godspeed rate.

"But it was before"

Jeongyeon says, after her second martini. "I'm fine now though"

"Yeah" I sip my third glass of margarita. "Because you're with her right now"

"I think" she replies before wiping her mouth using the heel of her left hand. "Because you let her slipped away"

"You have no idea what hell I had been through"

I look at her. "Was it an inferno?"

"She burned me" I look at her, furrowing my eyebrows. "And I didn't want that to happen twice"

"And you let her go?"

"Don't be stupid, I didn't plan that. I wanted a space"

Jeongyeon chuckles lowly. "But you did know she wanted to fix things between you and her"

"Are you going to lecture me now?" I look at her as the alcohol starts to kick in. "Because if you are, then I've to excuse myself because you're in no position to talk about me leaving her when you are with her right now, replacing me"

"If only it's that easy to replace someone you love within that short time"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing" she raises her glass at me. An empty glass, to be honest. "Cheers, for us"

💙💙💙

Cheers for 30 votes.