Chapter Seventeen ❤️

a/n: vote before u read

Rosie's pov

I look at her as she puts on her greenish scrub top back. We are currently in the on - call room I always find her in whenever she feels like taking a break.

There are two double deckers beds there, crammed inside the small room and their fucking bad matresses make me want to puke.

But it's a good thing that I'm always on top whenever I'm with Lisa. So, I don't have to worry about my million dollar back pressed against that stupid bed whatsoever.

"We should talk, Roseanne"

Her voice comes out as a whisper as she sits next to me, her palms hiding her sweaty face from my sight. But I know what she's going to say so I stand up and look at my own reflection in the small mirror that is hung behind the solid door.

My makeup is still on point but my lips look somehow puffy and the lipstick has faded at some areas on my lips. "Nope" I say as I reapply back my lipstick. "I should keep going. I promise the girls I would be back early"

"Then stop doing this"

She stands up, eyes finally looking at me through the reflection in the mirror. And it's in that moment that I know how royally fucked up both of us are. But none of us, not even Lisa would want to acknowledge that fact.

"Stop coming to see me" she spits the words like she's hurting but her eyes are so cold and distant that I don't even know how to read her anymore.

I am not even sure if she's by any chance is my Lisa again.

After all, what we share is nothing now. It used to be marriage back then, and the kids.

But how can you keep the feeling alive when part of you is already gone?

Funny.

"Stop coming to see me and have fun with me and then go back at being strangers, Roseanne"

She says again, clenching her jaws as I turn to look at her.

"Lisa"

I pronounce her name as I take a deep breath. "What do want me to do? I'm doing what you precisely asked me to do. It's just a casual hookup. You and I. We can never be what we were. Not after what you took away from me"

"I did not do anything"

She says, trying to defend herself.

"Yes" I exit the on - call room before stopping just to turn my head over my shoulder and catch her look utterly vulnerable.

"You did nothing"

❤️❤️❤️

A short update. I hope you're still loving this book as much I am.