Chapter Twenty Six ❤️

Lisa's pov

Lisa's pov

Six years ago

I didn't know how it happened. But it happened. Doctors ran into the room. Emergency light was lighted outside the door.

Nobody was allowed to be in the room. Not even Roseanne. She refused to give in but her mama pulled her arm, her sister telling her to calm down because the doctors will never give up on the baby. 

But a minute later, I felt heaven was crushed as the floor I stood on broke apart. And a heavy pain that broke my heart was there, again and again slamming against the compartment of my chest like a certain place on fire.

Then I heard wailing. A hair - raising, heartbreaking wailing filling the narrow hallway. I didn't need anyone to tell me that it was Roseanne. I would know her voice in any sort of way. 

"I'm sorry"

I turned to look at her. My vision was cloudy with tears. "I'm so sorry" I said again but she didn't listen. She was hurting. She was broken. Was it because of me?

"No"

Jisoo stopped me from reaching her little sister. "You took the baby away from her, Lisa. You did this"

"No, I didn't ..."

I tried to defend myself weakly but her sister just pushed me till I was on the floor again. "She didn't want that stupid procedure on the baby. She wanted the machine to keep her alive. But you told her that this stupid procedure is the best. And now, are you even happy?"

"Jisoo"

"You can't come to the funeral"

Jisoo said emotionlessly. "We don't want you there"

❤️❤️❤️

Rosie's pov

Six year ago

She looked calm like she was sleeping. No blue lips. No blue face. Just my baby with her eyes closed and her heart sleeping.

We were at the mortuary, inside the room where it was just me, my mother, my two girls and my big sister. We decided her funeral would be a family only affair rather than a public one.

But it didn't stop the news from flashing all over the world. 

Roseanne fucking Park lost her youngest daughter today.

Fucking fuck. 

"Rosie?" my mother called me. Her voice was still her voice. It wasn't lowered to any specific volume just because I lost my daughter today and she was sympathy with me.

Her voice was still drenched in her own charisma and power and she sounded so well as if she never lost a granddaughter she tried to save. 

I tilted my head to meet her gaze. She was not crying. Her eyes were dry but her silence was enough to tell me how she really felt.

"Do you want to do the honor?" she asked, eyes wandering from my figure to my big sister who stood by my side with a small, velvety box in hand. "Mama" I tried to pass but she wouldn't listen. 

"Remember" her voice was clear and more like an instruction than an advice. "You have the other two. Your image to vulnerability in front of them lies in your hand. I am not responsible on how they view you afterwards if you fail to pull yourself together now" she mumbled and I sucked air through my mouth before nodding. 

My mom was right. I had to pull myself together for the sake of the girls. 

"Alright" I turned to my big sister and she opened the box for me only to show the small necklace that always belonged to my little angel.

The small, white gold Tiffany and co that I bought for her months before she was even born. 

It had always been her favorite, lingering around her neck and it was the only piece that stayed even when she was admitted for two weeks stay at the hospital. 

They took it off after they declared that she was gone and had to send her to the mortuary for the mortician to take care of her. 

I wanted to be selfish for once. I wanted to keep the small part of her with me. But the look my mama gave me was to let go. 

"Come on" she said. "It's time to do it"

"Mommy" Chaeyoung looked up to me, tears in her eyes as she was clutching hard to the edge of her little sister's white dress. "Please wake Nini up" she pouted. 

I almost cried at that small request. 

Next to her, Lilibear held her grandmother's hand, saying nothing. 

"It's okay, Chaeyoung" my big sister calmed her down as I lowered my body to put the necklace around Nini's stiff neck.

"Here it comes" I smiled with tears in my eyes as I looked at her. "Your favorite piece in the world, my little angel. Now, it's going to keep you save forever in heaven"

"Mommy, no" Chaeyoung whined as I kissed her little sister's head and cheeks and gestured for the girls to do the same.

"Don't let them take Nini away" she pleaded as the door was pushed open and the helpers came in to take the body away to the crematorium.

"Mommy" she cried again, falling to her feet as the helpers took her little sister away. 

But I said nothing.

❤️❤️❤️

a/n: vote and comments. I guess this story gets sad nowadays