Chapter Sixty ❤️

Roseanne's pov

Roseanne's pov

I sit on the couch with eyes locking on the clock mounted against the wall. It's almost two in the morning and Lisa isn't home yet.

I get it that she doesn't have a fix 5-9 working schedule but the least she can do is to text me and say that I don't have to wait for her because she'll be working till late hours.

But no text. No phone call.

Just pure silence. As I breathe in and out and I chew my lower lip as to kill time, Lilibear appears in her Fendi pyjamas. Trailing behind her is Chaeyoungie who is also already in her pyjamas.

"Still not sleeping?"

My eldest says, sitting down on the armchair opposite from the couch, her long legs are crossed to perfection as she clears her throat and folds her arms to her chest, giving me a firm look.

"Nope" I cough as my throat tightens. "I'm waiting for mama" I supply and Chaeyoung snickers for a second as she sits down on the same couch, our distance is separated by a stupid blue throw pillow.

"Great" Lilibear clasps her hand together, her eyes are sifting interchangeably between me and her little sister. "Because Chaeyoungie here has something to tell you"

I frown slightly. It certainly doesn't sound like a good news at all.

"What is it, honey?"

I ask her, gulping as I wait for her to answer. Chaeyoungie hesitates at first but after a glare from Lilibear, I think she feels the chill and decides to just tell the whole fucking truth, as Lilibear describes it.

"You know, mama"

The girl starts, looking pretty unsure herself as she parts her long hair using her long fingers. "Yes?"

I clarify as I look at her. "You may continue"

"Shit, I'm going to be in so much trouble after this"

The girl groans but Lilibear keeps pushing her to the edge. "Come on" her big sister says. "Just tell mommy. She deserves to know too"

"What is it?"

I look at both of them now as my voice grows thicker with emotion.

"Actually"

Chaeyoungie starts. She looks guilty as hell but she mumbles the fact nonetheless.

"Mama is with Aunt Jennie"

She states and my heart breaks a little. Or all at once.

I look at her, my eyes are unable to blink. "I knew it"

The word escapes my throat and both Lilibear and Chaeyoungie look at me. "What do you mean you knew about it?"

Lilibear is the first to question. "I mean" I take a deep breath. "Just look at them"