Chapter Fifty Eight ❤️

Roseanne's pov

"Hey, Jen"

I smile a little as I unlocked the door and quickly pull her into a brief hug. We exchange kisses on the cheeks before she passes me a bag of chocolate.

"For the kids" she whispers with a grin and I thank her before calling the girls to join us in greeting their Aunt Jennie.

"You guys look different now" Jennie comments as she hugs them one by one but decides to lift my youngest little one to her chest, the biggest smile breaks on her face.

"And you" she looks at Ji-Ae. "You look even cuter now. I missed you a lot, to be honest"

"Then you should come back often" the baby suggests which makes Jennie smile. "Well," she clicks her tongue and tugs her light brown hair behind on of her ears. "I'll try next time, okay?"

"I actually have something big to announce" I say excitedly as the girls decide to leave us for a moment of privacy. For a second, it seems like Jennie pretty much already knew about what I'm going to tell her.

Which is weird because I haven't got the chance to tell anyone else.

"What?"

My friend asks with her usual voice. She folds her arms to look at me, her eyes are looking for something in my eyes and when I look back to build eye contact, she looks away.

"I'm back with Lisa"

I announce excitedly and pretty much is expecting for her to look at me with her biggest grin and says how much she is so proud and happy for Lisa and I.

But instead of all that, she musters a small smile which I sense is faked because it doesn't quite reach her eyes like always.

But still, she wraps her arms around my waist briefly.

"Congratulations, bestie"

"Oh, umm ... Thank you"

"You" she draws her arms from the hug and shoves her hands nervously into the pockets of her jeans.

"Should be grateful. She chose you"

She says and I look at her for a moment, unsure of what to say when Lisa, the love of my life walks into the room and brings me back to the reality with a simple kiss on the cheek.

"Oh, you're here"

Lisa looks at Jennie, smiling appropriately. She extends her hand to shake and Jennie catches it without a second thought.

Suddenly, it feels like there's a thick tension going around in the air.

"Okay" I clear my throat and turn my head to look at Lisa whose eyes are fixed on Jennie. "Do you guys want to eat anything? Or we can just stand here"

I fake a smile as I look at both of them interchangeably. "So that you guys can keep staring"

"Honey"

Lisa grins uneasily as she licks her lower lip and grabs my hand with hers. "I would eat anything you have prepared for me"

"Oh"

I smile at her cheekily as we move an inch closer and now my lips are ghosting her own. If she leans in closer, we can seal them in a kiss.

"What about you eat me later?"

I tease and her face lights up in red as blood rushes to her skin. "Is that an invitation?" she asks hoarsely, eyes darkening and I grin as I peck her lips and take a step back before glancing at Jennie who looks totally uncomfortable.

"Well, I'm so sorry" I say. "Lisa can be a distraction sometimes" I state, looking at my partner who looks away and Jennie just nods, clicking her tongue and raising her eyebrows.

"Oh, don't worry about me. I think we should just go and eat dinner"

She draws a smile on her face but knowing her, it's just a form of self - protection. A tactic she uses to make sure nobody sees what she's up to.

I'm not sure if we are inside a game. But if we somehow are, I need to remind her again that Roseanne Park isn't here to lose.

🤍🤍🤍

I hold her hand throughout the dinner and kiss her occasionally as I listen to Jennie and her New York's story. Lisa doesn't say anything so I take it that she actually loves the affection I shower her with.

But the baby isn't happy at all as she hops on my lap and gives me a hug in a koala - style. Her adorable little face is pressed against my chest and I chuckle as I kiss the top of her head.

"Oh, my little one is jealous"

I tease, hugging the baby tightly but not letting go of Lisa's hand that easily under the table. She looks at me behind her lashes and I grin back at her.

"I love you" I mouth and she smiles softly, looking away.

"Lisa?"

Jennie calls as she finishes her glass of wine. My partner lifts her face and looks at my friend for a second. "Yes?"

She asks first before noticing the empty tall glass. "Would you like to refill your glass?"

She asks again and Jennie nods. Reaching for a bottle of wine next to her spot, she stares at it for a moment before shaking the bottle. "I think we ran out of wine"

She mumbles before standing up, her eyes looking at me. "I'll grab another one from the cellar" she informs and before I can say anything, she leaves the table that now hosts only me, Jennie and the girls.

A moment later, Jennie excuses herself to the toilet.
And I sit there, staring at the two empty spots, like each is linked to one another with a secret they refuse to tell me.

🤍🤍🤍

Lisa's pov

She pins me against the wall. Her lips finding my own. I can taste the sweetness of the red wine on her lips and when her tongue breaches the entry into my mouth, she takes my breath away.

"God, Jennie"

I say as I pull myself from the kiss and frown at her. "Don't fucking do that to me" I warn her as I turn my head towards the pathway that leads into the dining hall. "What if Rosie saw us?"

"I don't care"

She spits the words out impatiently. "I want you and only you"

"Dammit, I told you already"

I look at her, my chest heaving up and down.

"I don't care" Jennie says. "I don't care"

🤍🤍🤍

Please vote and comments. 21 votes to unlock !!!!