Chapter Thirty Two ❤️

Roseanne's pov

Roseanne's pov

I stand in front of her room that morning. My throat is locked as my hand frozen around the cold, silver doorknob.

It has been a week since the her elimination from the preliminary round of the piano competition she had been preparing for, in two years.

And I know exactly how she feels. Broken and sad and useless, especially when you know you are doing it for Clare Park. But there's nothing that you can do about it. It's all in the past now.

And I have been trying to cheer her up but failing since. Nobody is allowed to see her. Or talk to her. Or even get into her room that has always been her safe haven. Everyone except Ji-Ae.

The kid has been going in and out her big sister's room with this bear plushie that she loves so much, the one that Lilibear bought for her when she was a baby.

And every time I ask her what her big sister is up to, she would give me a smirk and asks me instead why would I ask her that.

"Well, because apparently Lilibear won't talk to mommy" I explain to her and she grins before shrugging her cute shoulders. "And I just want to make sure she's fine"

"She is fine" the baby says. "She's with me. I'm a good friend"

"Well, that makes me much more worried"

I laugh awkwardly and the baby probably doesn't understand the sarcasm in it because she joins the bandwagon to laugh along.

🙆🙆🙆

"Lili?"

I call after her as I spot her for the first time after she banished herself into her room, never to be seen for almost one whole week.

She ignores me. Walking delicately beautiful to reach the fridge and fishes out her water bottle with mint and lemon inside. "We need to talk"

I say but she doesn't reply anything. Her hair is twisted in a low ponytail and she looks unaffected at all.

"Lili" I call after her still as she grabs two pieces of bread and dumps them into the toaster before setting the device's timing into one minute.

"Fine" her voice breaks the silence between us. She turns her back against the device and lifts her eyes to look at me. Her eyes are right on mine. Her expression is calm.

People would say she's matured with her attitude but I would say she has spent countless of time perfecting that one act.

The act that she learns from no one else but her Halmoni. "I take it that you want to talk" she supplies, crossing her arms. "Until the toasts are popped, that's all that I can offer"

"Are you alright?"

I take a step closer and she seems cautious. "Don't come near me" she insists. But the cautious she becomes, the curious I am.