Chapter Fifty Two ❤️

Lisa's pov

Lisa's pov

I clench my jaws as I look at Mina who hides her expression well behind the blue surgical mask that she wears.

Roseanne sits on the waiting chair behind me. Her wailing is deafening. I don't blame her. We both are at fault for this to happen.

"Just tell me"

I swallow the bile inside my mouth and Mina nods before she takes a deep breath. I swear, I have never been this afraid in my entire life. Not even when I divorced Roseanne back then.

"Fine"

She looks at me. Then at Roseanne. "We have performed the clinical test on her to check if..."

She pauses for a second as my head gets dizzy and I have to stretch my arm to hold the wall, or else I would fall.

"There's no such thing, Lisa" she informs and I look at her, furrowing my eyebrows. My heart is beating at 100 miles per hour by now if we are to measure it.

"The report came out and there's no tear or penetration or whatsoever"

"What does that mean?"

Roseanne gets to my side. Her eyes are still red and wet with tears. "Are you trying to say that ... that ... the thing didn't happen? That the rape ..."

"DON'T EVER SAID THAT WORD, ROSEANNE!"

I yell at her as I turn away, my hand travels to my hair as I bite my lower lip hard, till I can taste the bitter blood on my taste buds.

"Hold yourself together, Manoban"

Mina says as she runs her hand up and down Roseanne's back, putting an attempt to calm her down.

"It's a good thing that it didn't happen. Or do you want me to tell you the opposite?"

"Good God, Myoi. Don't you fucking care"

I hiss at her. "Don't you fucking say that to me"

"But I wouldn't lie that there wasn't any confrontation between Chaeyoung and the person who was trying to harm her"

Mina adds. "She got cuts and terrible bruises. All around her torso down to her thigh"

"Don't tell me the details" I sigh as I sit down. My head is literally killing me at this point. "Someone has to" Mina encounters.

"And as her doctor, it's my duty to tell you that. You and your partner. You know the procedure, Manoban"

"I wanna see her"

I stand up, eyes red as fire as I look at Mina. But the doctor just wouldn't let me. "She's recovering. We still have to bandage her wound because that bastard stabbed her a couple of times and ..."

"I'M GONNA KILL HIM..."

I yell as I break down and Roseanne immediately pulls me into her arms. I sob and don't care about how people are watching us. "I'M GONNA KILL THAT FUCKING BASTARD"

"Don't do anything stupid"

Roseanne says. Surprisingly, she sounds calm as she kisses my cheek. "Please, for my sake"

"But he was about to harm my baby" I let tears blur my vision. "My Chaeng. And you don't fucking know how much it'll destroy me if that happened"

"I know" she nods as she holds me in her arms. "I'm so sorry, Lisa. I am not a good mom"

"Me neither"

"But we are going to fix this" she tells me as she looks into my eyes and wipes away all of my tears.

"I promise you. Things will be okay. We are gonna kick that person behind the bars. My mom and sister will help us"

I nod my head as I let her hold me. But Mina clears her throat again and both of us look at her. "I also have another news"

"What?"

Roseanne asks.

"She had a really high dosage of alcohol in her blood when she came to us. So, I am just wondering if you know by any chance, how much she had been drinking?"

"Drink?"

I scowl. "You mean, alcohol consumption?"

"Yes"

The doctor agrees. "But I haven't disclosed the information to anyone" she folds her arms. "I told my team I needed to confirm with the family members first and in this case, it's you and your partner"

She eyes Roseanne for a moment before lifting them to look at me again.

"Mina, I didn't know that she was consuming alcohol..."

I look at Roseanne. She shrugs her shoulders too.

"Alright, that's all I need"

She clasps her hands. "I'll not include that inside the formal report. I'll think of something else since the police has been breathing down my neck ever since we got the case"