Chapter Thirty ❤️

Lili's pov

Lili's pov

"I still can't believe it"

Mommy says frustratedly as she drives her fancy Maserati on the almost empty road.  At the back seat where her black, quilted lambskin YSL bag rests, Ji-Ae is clinging to her  Dior pacifier.

Her small feet dangling from the Barocco car seat,  clothed in nothing but a pair of cozy - looking Louis Vuitton socks with her monogram, an intertwined of J & A stitched to perfection on each of the rib top.

Her big brown eyes, a perfect resemblance of a hot cocoa on a misty, cold and freezing Christmas morning stare in mesmerized manner at some cars she spots outside the heavily, charcoal - tinted windows.

"Me either" I clear my throat, making sure that my voice doesn't crack and it contains as much expression as I would allow myself to, which is none in this case.

Mommy clenches her jaws, tensing as she steps carelessly and emotionally on the gas pedal, sending the Maserati forward, leaving behind those awful - looking common cars behind.

"I'm not sure why she's been an ass to me when all this time, I have been nothing but good to her"

"The divorce sure seems to affect her" I speak my mind and mommy clearly isn't in the mood to be blamed. Another harsh attack to the gas pedal and I just react by showing no emotion.

You can't win a war with emotions.

Halmoni is right. Or at least, that's what I thought if her.

"Well" mommy whines like a brat that she is. A light has just turned red in our direction but she cares less about that when she's being consumed by her rage.

Emotion has always been the greatest weakness of human, Lili.

Halmoni would always say.

It makes people weak. Make them think they are doing the right things. But they aren't. Cloudy minds are the products of ignorant people.

"I'm sick of people saying that the divorce affects her. Well, you were in that thing too, Lilibear. But you made it. You're not as hard to handle as Chaeyoungie is and I ..."

"We are two different people who share different birthdays despite being twins"

I look at her and she frowns for a moment. The car is slowing down and in this moment, I see why Italy is the best carmaker in the world.

"But you're always the better one than Chaeyoungie"

Mommy says. The car is finally at stop. She presses the emergency button before resting her forehead against the leather steering wheel.

"You can't say that"

I lick my lower lip, turning my head slowly to find Ji-Ae is sleeping with the pacifier in her mouth. "Let's just go home"

I suggest and it takes mommy a minute or two to be convinced and she nods her head before resuming the driving.

🙆🙆🙆

"Good morning, Ms. Park"

Halmoni's assistant greets me as I walk into the grand living hall where a picture of mommy from her recent Yves Saint Laurent campaign that has simply become her favorite hangs against the big wall, next to the family picture of three of us; mommy, Ji-Ae and me.

"Yeah?"

I flick an eyebrow as I stare and cross my arms together.

"I'm so sorry for the sudden visit. But Ms. Miyeon wants me to remind you that we are flying to Warsaw this week for the competition"

She says and I pucker my lips.

Warsaw is an enormous play in my plan. We have been preparing for it for two years now, after the last win.

"It's too soon?"

I finally say and she studies me for a second. "It's occuring in its own pace. I don't think two years are soon?"

"Very well"

I clear my throat, staring at the mega size mirror that rests along the fancy hallway, where I can perfectly get a gaze set on the ebony black, Steinway and Sons that has belonged to me more than it was to someone else.

"Tell Halmoni, I'm in"

🙆🙆🙆

Thirty votes to unlock the new chapter today 🙆🤣🤣. How's the story going on?