Chapter Thirteen❤️

Roseanne's pov

Roseanne's pov

"I don't know which one is worse"

Jennie states, half shrugging her shoulders as she picks up the fruit fork and begins to toy with her serving. I glance at her briefly before paying attention to my own serving.

My fork stabs the olive fruit and guides it to my mouth for a chewing process. The sweetness lingers for a moment as Jennie begins to utter her thought again.

"What's really up between you and Lisa anyway?" the petite woman asks meticulously as she looks at me from behind her curly eyelashes.

"What do you mean?" I bite another olive fruit and this time, it's not as sweeter as the previous one. "You have been spending time with her..."

"I have always spent my time with her"

I snap, cutting her midsentence. She nods in agreement. "Right. So, as your best friend I think I have the right to know what's going on between both of you?"

"What are you implying?"

"Are you guys together?"

"Nonsense" I frown. "Look, I couldn't be with Lisa. Not after what she did to me"

Jennie sinks her teeth into one of the baguettes she has in her plate. "We all know it's not her fault, Rosie" she hums as she sips the tea down her throat. "It's fate"

"Fate has nothing to do with this" I clench my teeth.

"I'm just going to say a thing" Jennie states tiredly. "If you love her, then I suggest for of both you to start to patch things up and start a new" she looks at me, smiling a little.

"But if you're just fooling around, stop it. You are going to hurt one another and that won't be pretty"