BTF: Chapter Twenty - Six 💙

Chaeyoung's pov

When Lilibear rapped her knuckles against the wooden door of my room impatiently, I thought she needed something urgently. But I was wrong, of course.

💙💙💙

"Okay"

Lilibear clears her throat as she steps into the newly opened convenience store at the lavish establishment we lives in.

Her black YSL t - shirt glows against her pale, porcelain skin as she presses her moist, Dior - tinted heart - shaped lips together, eyes scanning the environment inside the small space packed with food and other appliances.

"So, how do we do this?"

She asks with a curious voice, her body turns to face me swiftly. I guess everyone swirls themselves easily once it's a pair of $715 dollar Gucci sneakers that their feet are wearing.

I glance down at mine. It's a pair of dark Converse and I wince. Whatever, Converse is and always will be in trend.

"Do what?"

I yawn, connecting my palms together as I stretch out quickly in the middle of the entrance way. Lilibear frowns disapprovingly before pulling me by my arm to relocate me next to her. "Do the shopping here" she says, her voice is still hers; pretty much dripping with exclusivity.

I bet her clothes are enough to tell the world from which side of Seoul she comes from, and what type of family she belongs to.

"Lilibear" I state tediously as I point at the basket area where we can pick up to put our stuff as we do our shopping.

"It's just a cv. Not an exam. You don't have to know everything, okay? Just pick the damn basket and put whatever shit you want inside and go to the counter and pay"

"Well," she clicks her tongue, studying me before her next sentence follows. I have always noticed that. It's her way to hit people back with her two cents. Most of the time it silences people. But not me. I think my low IQ is to be thanked for that ability I cherish.

"Sharing a little bit of information didn't crush you to death, did it?"

She offers me a small, sarcastic smile that people would mistake for a gratitude one because of how sickening sweet she looks like whenever she has that one up for a show.

"Anyway, I like to be informed about what I'm putting myself into. So that, I can be prepared ..."

"Oh god, Lilibear! It's just cv! Not some test that you need to work hard to answer it. Just pick the damn basket and grab stuff you want for God's sake"

"To think about it"

Lilibear says as she looks away from me, her hands respectfully and elegantly resting on her sides.

"Picking basket isn't my task. It has always been yours. You're the younger sibling"

"You're like five minutes older than me"

I hesitate. "Still" the with says, clicking her tongue again. "It gives me the seniority I need. Now, pick up the basket and come back here, Chaeyoungie"

"Ugh"

I whine as I drag my ass to collect the basket. But that before Lilibear pulls me back with her hand. "No, stop. God knows how many germs that basket holds. Why can't we just pick up what we want and pay instantly?"

"We can do that, obviously"

I roll my eyes at her. "But my hands will grow tired because God knows you take forever to make a decision on which brand of chips to choose!"

"Stop being difficult, Chaeyoungie"

"I'm not! I'm just pointing out the obv-..."

She cuts me short with her palm against my mouth, effective mumbling my own thought instantly.

"Now, that's better"

She says before pulling me around to survey what should she buy.

And like I have predicted; in the end, she spent twenty minutes alone picking up the flavor of ice cream she wanted to try.

"Do you accept credit cards here?"

Lilibear asks as we line up at the counter to pay.

"We do. But not at the moment"

The cashier says, her voice slightly wavering.

"That's a conflicted statement" Lilibear breathes out, her eyebrows start to stitch together. "One moment you said a yes. The next, you said a no"

"I'm sorry"

The girl says nervously behind the cash register machine. "But the line suddenly went down and currently still is so it's just cash for now"

"Let's be honest. Do you know how many people are still carrying physical state of money nowadays?"

My big sister asks and I almost feel sorry at the cashier for having to face such a difficult customer today. "I'm sorry, miss. But the internet sucks today and I can't proceed if you're paying using cards"

"So, you're implying I don't have money?"

Lilibear questions, laughing sarcastically.

"No, that's not the point..."

"You know, Halmoni is going to hear this"

Lilibear states deadpanned before reaching out for her phone. She punches a series of numbers on her screen before dialling them right away.

💙💙💙

30 votes to continue ❤️