Chapter Thirty Eight ❤️

Roseanne's pov

Roseanne's pov

I rest my head on her shoulder while intertwining our hands together. From my peripheral vision, I see the corner of her upper lip is twisted into a small smile.

A moment later, she bumps the tip of her nose with my hair, inhaling the scent lightly before pressing her cheek against my head, humming a little.

"Lili will be fine" she assures me. "I know she will" she adds again and I nod my head, my eyes are shut as I hold her hand tighter with my own, never wanting to let go.

"Rosie?"

She calls and I hum softly.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" she interrogates.

"I'm fine" I look at our twisted hands together. "Just dizzy. But I'll be fine"

"Great" Lisa murmurs softly. "And Rosie?"

"Hmm?" I lift my eyes to look at her before she flashes me a small, heartwarming grin. "I love you"

"I love you too" I say before the doctor who has been assigned to monitor Lilibear walks out of the confined space, eyes looking in our direction.

"I'm scared" I hold Lisa by her arm but the Thai keeps assuring me that things will be okay.

"Dr. Manoban?" the doctor looks at Lisa, identifying her through the scrubs that she is wearing and her small identification lanyard that hangs around her neck.

"It's actually a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dr. Kim Dahyun"

The doctor says, still looking at Lisa as she extends her hand to my partner instead of to me. And I can't help but to feel a tiny spark of jealousy within me.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you too" Lisa smiles her signature, bright smile that always sends my knees jelly. "And how did you recognize me?"

Her question follows and I start to feel like I need to puke as the doctor, Dahyun as she introduced herself a moment ago keeps giving Lisa heart eyes. "I think people recognize you most of the time. The best cardiothoracic surgeon from Seoul General"

"Oh, it's nothing"

"Of course it's something! People have been talking about you and ..."

"Roseanne Park" I introduce my name hastily and their conversation stops midsentence as both of them look at me. I extend my hand towards the young doctor who grabs it but her eyes are tinted with sparks of confusion.

"I see" she nods her head. "And who might you be?"

"I'm Lili Park's mom" I introduce myself and the doctor frowns for a good one second. "Wait, what? I thought Ms. Manoban is ..."

"She is my partner"

I say, grabbing Lisa by her arm before tiptoeing to seal a kiss against her cheek. "Always has been and always will be"