Chapter Eight ❤️

a/n: vote before you read, red bean bun!!! ❤️

"Don't do that"

Jisoo says, looking at her little sister from where she sits. They are currently at DIOR's café in Cheongdam - dong.

Frowning, Roseanne lifts her face from the vanilla ice cream cake that she is having before her eyes read the meaning behind her sister's dark eyes.

"No," she shakes her head, taking a short breath as well before her chest heaves flatly and the air leaves her nostrils. "You can't do that to me again, unnie. You can't decide my life" 

"I'm not trying to decide your life" Jisoo points out nonchalantly as she sips her Iced Americano elegantly.

"I'm just trying to save you from making the same decision that will hurt you again" the cup clatters with its saucer as the Korean rests it back on the table. 

Roseanne refuses to understand. She bites her lower lip in an attempt to calm herself down. But Jisoo her sister isn't going to stop.

Instead of just shutting her mouth for a moment, she takes her arms folded to her chest before she retracts her left arm to tug her loose hair from her ponytail to remain hidden behind her ear. 

"She's not the one for you. You knew it back then. You know it now. You will know it forever. Why is it so hard for you to stay away from her when you obviously aware that she will break you again?"

"You shouldn't speak things you do not know" 

Roseanne hisses. "She's not going to break me. Unnie," the blonde takes a deep breath this time as she watches her big sister rolling her eyes to the back of her mind.

"You told me a million years ago but look at where you are right now; divorced and lost in love, a love that's not even meant to be yours since the very beginning" 

"I love Lisa"

Roseanne utters, trying to make sure she remembers that damn fact than anything else in that moment. But her sister shows no mercy.

She leans in closer, arms planted on the sturdy table as she intertwines her palms together and rests her chin on top of it.

Her eyes are sharp and cold and Roseanne wishes for a moment that there is some kind of warmth inside it so that she won't have to be this terrified to look at her without feeling like Jisoo can see right through her soul and whatever that's been playing on her mind. 

"You don't love her"

The Korean says. "You just love the idea of being in love with her"

"Unnie..."

"You see, mama and I never approved of her"

Jisoo retreats her head back as she drops her arms to her sides.

"It's just, you were begging us to let her marry you and the only reason I supported you back then was because I wanted you to be happy for once. I guess that was my fault. You can't be happy on your own, Roseanne. You can't choose your own happiness because once you did, you fell for the wrong choice. What mama and I doing right now is protecting you at all cost; like we always should"

"I don't need you to protect me" Roseanne clenches her jaws.

"My marriage is over. I need to start all over again" the idol states before glancing briefly at the cake between them that starts to melt.

"After six years?" Jisoo chides. "For god's sake, Roseanne. Did you hear yourself? You want to start all over again after six years?" she laughs sarcastically as she flares her nostrils.

 "You do not want to start all over again, you dumbass. You want a closure. A closure to this stupid chapter you wrote with Lisa because it never worked back then. It will never work now. It will never work with you two being around, foolishly promising to love each other forever..."

"Unnie..."

"When you don't even know what forever means"

"Unnie..."

"Let me ask you something, Roseanne" her big sister says as she looks at her sister solemnly.

"Do you even know what's the meaning of forever in the first place or you just loving the sound it produces but never wants to know what it really means for you? Because forever isn't a type of word you can just splash around and not hoping for anyone stupid, in this case that foolish Thai of yours to believe and to make you feel like you're responsible for her forever? That's idiotic, Roseanne. You know it yourself"

"You don't understand love"

Roseanne says, picking up her things with her. "Because you've never been in love."

"I don't need love" Jisoo fights back. "Love isn't something static. It changes. And it's not good for me. I have power. It grows over time and it's static. To have power is to have people at your feet, Roseanne. And that's what you want. People worshipping you, not loving you. Because at one point, you'll crave for more only to realize that love too, sometimes isn't enough"

"I've enough of your bullshit" Roseanne stands up. "Thank you for your time. I hope we don't see each other these few days or I'm gonna say something really terrible that will wound whatever that we have"

"The thing that we have is family bond" her sister snickers. "You cannot throw your own family away, that's how you are raised. That's not how Park family is created"

"Maybe I'll be the first"

The blonde steps away, stopping in her track as she hears her sister clapping her hands behind her back. 

"Then I'll be your audience" she sneers. "Because to see Roseanne Park as the family puppet is a continuous show. But to see Roseanne Park as the enemy of the family? That's something new. You make the call and I'll be tempted to answer it, Roseanne"

"You can only talk" Roseanne replies. 

"I'll have you bear it in mind" Jisoo threatens. "Once you turn your back against us, it's not going to be just me. But mama too. And you don't want to mess around with Clare Park" 

🌻🌻🌻