Chapter Fifty One ❤️

Author's quick note

Author's quick note

Triggered warning ⚠️  Skip if uncomfortable

Roseanne's pov

"We have an ugly news to tell"

A doctor in blue scrubs like Lisa tells. She wears her surgical facemask and her glasses are foggy soon as she left the Trauma unit.

I bite my lower lip as I sit on the waiting chair, tears won't stop falling from my eyes. Bending over to hide my face behind my palms, I hear Lisa shuffling her feet against the floor.

"Tell me" she asks hoarsely. "Fucking tell me it's not what I think it would be" she adds and I just can't help but to cry.

My shoulders shudder as my emotion rushes through me unapologetically. "Please" I hear Lisa pleads again. Her voice is no longer her voice. Instead of keeping everything together, she breaks.

Like a parent should. When the news broke not to her but both of us.

And I never saw her ran that fast in my entire life. I was grabbing the key from the coffee table when she was already missing. And when I parked my car carelessly at the emergency drop point, I already heard her voice.

Yelling. Begging.

Throwing immature tantrum as her best friend stopped her from going inside the Trauma unit. I remember seeing a squad of police standing next to an ambulance.

They were staring. None of them said anything.

❤️❤️❤️

"I"

Lisa's harsh voice drags me back to face the bitter reality. "Don't. Need. This. Fucking. Formality"

She says behind her gritted teeth. Her palms turn into fists. And her cheeks start to turn red.

"Lisa"

Mina, the surgeon looks at her right in the eyes. "Pull yourself together -"

"Tell me right now"

Lisa insists as I fall apart again on the waiting chair.

"That the bastard didn't push himself on my baby daughter"

She lets the sentence out of her throat and I can't keep myself together as I wail and my voice is the only music that echoes in the empty hallway.

Mina looks at me. Then at her angry best friend.

Her silence is what makes everything deafening and blurry.

"Mina!"

Lisa yells, before parting her hair with her fingers.

"Fucking hell, please"