Chapter Six ❤️

"Does it hurt?"

"Does it hurt?"

Lisa asks, trailing her thumb on the soft skin of Chaeyoung's black and blue left jawline.

It has taken her aback at how loud the punch was aimed at her daughter's jawline, a minute ago that the referee has to yell for a quick break.

"Ugh, aside from feeling like an asshole, I feel my lower jaw is about to break"

"You and your weird mind" Lisa sighs as she presses a cold pack against the bruise. "I'm not sure why getting punched square in the face makes you feel like an asshole"

"You don't get to ask me that. It's my weird mind making assumption"

"Sure, honey"

Lisa says as she looks back among the spectators. "I guess it's just me again, yeah?" she looks at her daughter who looks at somewhere else rather than her eyes.

"It's alright, Chaeng" the Thai leans in to kiss her daughter on her cheek. "I'm here and I'll make sure to cheer your name the loudest when you win that game, alright?"

"Please no" Chaeyoung cringes, and Lisa couldn't help but to laugh. "I love you, Chaeng. I really do"

"Manoban"

The coach for Taekwondo appears, looking concern. "Can you continue or do I need to call for a substitute?"

Chaeyoung pushes herself up as she nods her head. "I can do it" she says before looking at Lisa. "And you can go back to your seat. You'll stay until it ends, right?"

"Of course" the Thai confirms. "Win the game, baby. I know you can and I'll be the loudest to cheer your name when you go up there to receive your trophy, alright?"

"Don't it, mama" she whines, her eyes turning into crescent shape as she laughs too. "You're gonna embarrassed me!"

"I don't care" Lisa says back in return as she watches her walking away into the arena. "You're my baby. It's my job to embarrass you!"

"Mama!"

The girl groans, leaving Lisa laughing so hard as she walks to her seat.

🌻🌻🌻

Lisa:
Just wanted to remind you
That Chaeyoung
has a game today

Roseanne:
Can't come.
I've to do a Vlive today
for the comeback.

Lisa:
You don't have to stay
Just come and show your face

Roseanne:
I'm pretty busy, Lisa.
Tell Chaeyoungie I say hi
And I love her

🌻🌻🌻

"You did great, baby"

Lisa squeals as Chaeyoung walks down the stage and into her arms. A golden trophy in one hand as the other holding some stupid cert. "I'm so proud of you"