Chapter Twenty Two ❤️

Lisa's pov

Lisa's pov

Six years ago

"She'll be alright, Roseanne"

I convinced the blonde as I found her wandering aimlessly in the garden of the hospital. Her long, blonde hair hung over her shoulders in a messy way and there were dark circles under her eyes, a subtle way of telling people how long she had gone without a proper sleeping schedule.

"Stop bullshitting me"

She bit the bed of her nail as she paced back and forth, ignoring the way the mud from the moisty ground after the rain stained her pair of white Karl Lagerfeld sneakers.

"Stop fucking lying to me" she looked hurt when she met my eyes and I didn't know what to tell her. The chart alone in the doctor's office was enough to hurt me too.

"This is all your fault"

She ran her fingers through her hair, mumbling that sentence out and loud, causing few heads to stop and stared at us. But that obviously didn't stop her from mumbling any further.

"Yeah" she nodded her head. "It was your fucking fault!" she yelled at top of her lungs, her body now facing mine as she paused in her track. Hatred was literally visible in her eyes.

"You wanted way out, Lisa. This is what you get. Now, she's sick. Are you happy? Of course you are" she snickered and I felt the slow fire igniting within my chest.

How can she put the blame on me?

Suddenly, I came to remember the night she was begging me before we were divorced, of how sorry she was, of how she wanted to make things right again and of how much didn't want to let go of me just yet.

But I was hurting too. What was she expecting? For me to stay and acted like nothing bullshit happened between us?

For a fact, I knew that what we both needed were time and space. To think and to value what we really wanted for both of us.

But Roseanne refused to see that. I knew because every time she looked at me, after the divorced was legalized, was only to loath me more.

She blamed me after the fall. But I should have put the blame on her before we fell. Because none of this would happen if only she understood me a little better and gave me a much needed space I wanted.

"I wasn't the one who sent her to the daycare until she got infected" my voice was hollow and malevolent and it tasted absolutely horrible once the thought left my throat.

Because Roseanne was looking at me in that way. Like I was crushing down her whole life and that she had nothing else to hold on to anymore.

"Don't even play that card with me, Manoban"

She took a step closer to throw unseen daggers directly from her warm eyes.

"Ask yourself this; if you weren't the one who was so persistent about getting a divorce, all of this would not happen. I wouldn't send Nini to that place because she would be at home with you, completely save from anything else that would hurt her weak immune system. But what?"