BTF: Chapter Eight 💙

Lisa's pov

I grit my teeth and swear and I'm gonna eat my hat when I see my Rosie intertwines her hand with Jeongyeon as they walk along the market and straight into the shuffle that's waiting for us, ready to move to the next location.

"You know, you have to act casual around her" Minnie whispers as she leans her head on my shoulder. I know what she means. But it's hard to maintain a poker face when you see the woman you love is fucking flirting with someone else.

"I'm trying" I mumbles behind my gritted teeth. My fingers are fisted, digging into the palms of my hands. But tiny, chubby and pudgy fingers reaches for my hand, swaying it back and forth with her own.

I look down and notice my Ji-Ae grinning toothily at me. "Hey, baby" I say as I crouch down for a second to snatch her from the ground and the baby squeals excitedly before framing my face with her sweaty palms. "Beep, beep" her fingers form a shape of a gun as she attaching them to my forehead. "I'm reading your temperature"

She says and I grin. "Is it? Are we playing doctor - doctor now?"

"Of course. You're my patient, mama"

"Well, then mama would want to be sick always. Because I'll have the cute Dr. Ji-Ae to check on me"

I state and both of us laugh maniacally before I hear Chaeyoung calling us both to get into the shuttle.

"Come on, we are leaving"

She says and I tell her a yes before I get into the shuttle and notice that there's an empty seat next to Roseanne.

But as I proceed to occupy it, she plays bitch my loading her handbag on it. "Rosie?" I say annoyingly and she looks at me from behind her lashes, trying to act innocently but I know for a fact, that she doesn't.

"Can you remove your bag from there? I need to sit"

I say as I point at her with my other free hand at the baby in my arm.

"Well, I can't"

She says. "But the baby can come with me. You would have to sit behind with the girls"

She adds, not even looking at me as she snatches the baby from my grin and begins to serenade Ji-Ae with soft voice.

I look at her in disbelief and just as I'm about to throw fit, Minnie looks at me from her front seat via the rear mirror and I know that damn look too much.

It means: pull yourself fucking together.

But looking at the way Rosie rests her head on Jeongyeon's shoulder as the woman jokes something, I figure out that it wouldn't be that long until I lose my shit.

Completely.

💙💙💙

We arrived at the museum and the girls, Lili and Chaeyoung decide that it's a good idea to walk around together while I walk on my own and Rosie with her fantasy little family; our little one and Jeongyeon by her side.

Kicking small pebbles aside and into the shallow pond not far from where I stand, Minnie shakes her head. "I never thought winning her back would be this hard"

"Well, technically it's not that hard"

I groan. "If I kill that motherfucker, it's so easy for Rosie to fall back to my charm"

"But you'd be in jail"

Minnie deflates my plan. "And I don't think long distance relationship invoking a partner serving in prison is cool"

"Can you just shut up?"

I massage my forehead and I shut my eyes. "Besides, jail is damn stupid. I don't want to get caught"

"Well, then do something"

Minnie encourages me. "I know you are smart. You can figure this out on your own"

"And what if I don't?"

"Well,"

She taps my shoulder for the first time before mustering a well - practiced smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes.

"If you don't hurry up, someone else who is better and nicer is going to take over and it's not gonna be pretty"

She says, tapping my shoulder again before sighing and takes a sip of her canned beer.

💙💙💙

"Lisa" Rosie calls sweetly and I immediately look into her direction. She's standing about a room away from me and wears bohemian dress that completely makes me hard for no reason.

"Yes?"

Like a loyal servant, I hurry to be by her side. "What do you need help with?"

"Um,  do you mind if you take the family photo for me?"

She asks and I am not sure I even said yes. I think it's true that whenever things come a out Rosie, I tend to decide automatically.

"Oh sure"

I grab her phone and begin to position the camera on the selfie mood so that all of us can be fitted inside the frame. But Rosie clicks her tongue and shakes her head.

"No, not that kind of picture. The family picture, please"

She says again and when I stare at her back, minutes later, she shakes her head but hurry to lock her arm around Jeongyeon. "Do we look beautiful in the picture, Lisa?"

She asks and I'm about to explode right here and now when I realized that she's implying Jeongyeon as her new family member too. And that she's gonna change the picture of us in her unit.

What a move. She should get a trophy for that. I would vouch for her.

"Dude, you okay?"

Jeongyeon asks but I just fake a smile and click her a series of hundred photos she can choose from later. When she's not busy obsessing over her ex - fianceé of course.

💙💙💙

Was busy doing nothing. Thank u for being patience with me. 30 votes to the next adventure