BTF: Chapter Twenty - four 💙

Rosie's pov

I release a heavy sigh as I'm seated around the table next to my sister who beckons for her wife to join our conversation.

Yes, wife. She and Jennie decided to push away all the mistakes of the past aside and rejoined themselves again in the marriage they hosted a few months back in a small ceremony attended only by members of both families.

But that doesn't make me and Jennie's relationship better. I mean, we trade smiles and small talks but I'm not forgetting the fact that she used to share the bed with Lisa when we were broken.

Luckily, Jennie politely declines the offer but telling Jisoo that she has something she needs to take care of and my sister nods her head in agreement.

I give her my smile, thanking her from the bottom of my heart for not participating in the discussion because although Jennie is back as my sister - in - law, that doesn't make talking about Lisa in front of her comfortable.

"She's not the enemy here, Roseanne"

My big sister supplies almost quietly as Jennie turns her back and exits the room, sealing the door as she escapes from my sight. "What do you mean?" I ask, pretending my big sister didn't just catch me glaring at her wife from the corner of my eyes.

"I know what you're doing"

She pours the wine for both of us. Then hand me one of the glasses. I take the tall glass from her without a usual, appropriate thank you and gulp the content clean before she can ever toast.

"Okay, you're not okay. Tell me what's wrong because a second ago, you were sending my wife a polite death glare and now you're a thirsty alcoholic asshole"

"I did not glare at her!" I say defensively before scrunching my nose in disgust to add I'm not an alholic but Jisoo just shakes her head, not wanting to believe. "Come on, Roseanne. Time waits for no man"

"Lisa is acting up"

I declare and I wait for her response like I told you so or she's a trouble, ignore her. But my big sister just keeps her mouth shut and the only time she opens it is when she gulps the content in her glass.

"Is it another woman?"

"Dammit, of course not! It's just about me and the tour"

"I knew we were going to head this direction when you phoned and asked for an audience with me"

Jisoo says, crossing her legs before resting her head against the headrest of her armchair. "But yes, her fear is valid. Last time you went to a tour, it was messy"

"But I wasn't the same person I was!"

I defend myself before continuing with a narrowed glare into her direction . "And you're supposed to take my side. I'm your sister!"

"That's what you always are"

She clears her throat, leaning in as to pour more wine into her class and lifts her eyes to look at me as if to ask if she should refill my glass too.

"I don't want to get hammered. I need to talk to her when I got home later"

"Can we just agree that she's scared?"

"Of fucking what?"

"Losing you" my big sister says, puffing her cheeks as she twists her tongue in the sweetness of the wine before swallowing it all at once a moment later.

"She loves you. And distance makes her afraid. It's not the matter of trust. She trusts you. She just don't quite trust you. It's complicated. But that's what I can say"

"What do you mean?"

I bite my lower lip. "Jisoo, I'm not here to sprain my brain. Can you just tell me in simple English?"

"You are back with her"

Jisoo says and I nod to her. She's right. I'm back with Lisa and I love her a lot. "That's right" I blink my eyes crossing my legs and folding my arms to my chest. "We love each other dearly"

"Look, when I speak this to you, I'm speaking from my own experience"

Jisoo states seriously. "When Jennie and I decided to patch things up between us after Lisa left her, well it was tough. Because she had been with someone else and it was difficult to accept that. But I knew for a fact that there wasn't going to be any of US again if she and I didn't completely throw everything aside and started all over again in which we did and I can assure you that we are happier than ever right now"

"What are you trying to say?"

I frown impatiently. Jisoo smiles as she begins again, her forefinger tapping the glass she holds in one hand.

"Before we decided to get married again, we were living apart. She was in her place, I was in mine. She would travel the world while I would be stuck here in the office, managing tedious trade stuff. It was awful. We had few disagreements to the extent we were fully convinced that we were not meant to be. But alas, I knew for a fact if I'm going to remarry someday, it's with the woman I love dearly and only Jennie cam be that woman for me"

"Jisoo..."

"Distance is hard for someone who tries to start all over again. And what I'm saying is that Lisa is just afraid to lose you all over again"

"But I'm a different person now"

"I know" Jisoo admits. "I bet Lisa knows it too. Just give her time, Rosie. She'll be fine. I'll talk to her if you want"

"No need for that"

I grab my glass and take another sip. "I'll be leaving in two weeks. I just hope we can sort things up quickly. I just love her so"

"I know"

Jisoo takes a deep breath before changing the subject. "I talked to mama the other day and she didn't sound great although her secretary said she had just come back from your house over a dinner invitation"

"Yes" I lick my lower lip. "What do you expect? She hates Lisa. I think she'll forever hate her and there's nothing I can do about that. Lisa is who I want"

"I don't think mama hates her though"

Jisoo runs her fingers through her hair as she speaks.

"You used to hate her too, Jisoo. Don't think I forgot that"

"It's not like that at all" Jisoo defends herself with a chuckle. "I just hate the idea of my sister being with someone else"

"I can't be Virgin Rosie my whole life"

"I know. That's why God made a Manoban for you"

"Who hates me now"

"Who hates the explicit idea of not being able to see you"

"That sounds selfish"

"I beg to differ. There's a fine line between love and selfish. If she's selfish, she would let you go with no drama because she's aiming for someone else after you. She's in fact struggling because the idea of living without you is too foreign for her to comprehend"

"You know, by this minute I start to think that you're her spokesperson"

If anything, my big sister laughs again.

"Of course. She's become simply my best friend and I'm not letting anyone to say anything about her when she's not here to defend herself"

"If the role was reversed, will you do the same to me too?"

"Of course" my big sister kisses my cheek. "You're my sister. You're pretty much stuck with me forever"

❤️❤️❤️

30 votes to another adventure !

Tell me what's your thought about them