Chapter Thirty Nine ❤️

Lisa's pov

Lisa's pov

I hold her hand as I watch her sleep. Wondering how long has it passed since I was allowed to see her that way.

It was probably years back, when she was still a clingy little girl, wanted her mama to do everything for her.

But right now, she isn't the same Lili she was before. And sometimes I blame myself too, for not being able to see how much she was actually hurting.

Leaning in closely to her face, I press my lips against her cold cheek, with a hope it would transfer her some of the warmth that she needs to bounce back faster than what the doctor has told me and her mommy this morning.

Please God, I have prayed a million times in these few days that she slips into coma. Please give me a second chance to make things right again. And I really desperately hope that He will give me that chance I need.

And this time, I won't screw up.

Both Roseanne and I. Because we have seen how much we need each other as a family and I don't think I would want to let any of them go again.

Not now. Not ever.

"Hey"

I clear my throat as I get a hold of her hand. "It's me"

I introduce myself stupidly before pressing my lips together, contemplating of what to tell her next. A part of me suggests I say things like get well soon and I miss you. But a part of me says I should go with things that I feel.

And I guess listening to the latter could never be a mistake. Sometimes, you need to ring what your heart tells you so that you won't forget. Because it's human nature to forget and not remember.

So, again I grab her hand and bring it to my lips as I kiss her hand tenderly, wishing she would open my eyes right now to set her eyes on me. "I'm sorry, it's dumb" I begin.

"I know you already knew that it's me so I'll begin again. I'm sorry, Lilibear. Sorry for being too  blind to notice your suffering. I didn't know you were hurting. Didn't know that you were feeling unimportant. Didn't know that you weren't feeling loved enough"

I pause as emotion starts to wreck me from within. I take a deep breath, making sure my voice doesn't crack as I speak again, my hand still holding her tightly.

"But do you know something? It's all lie. Everything that you thought was real. It was all just made up. Of course you are loved, Lilibear. Everyone loves you. Mommy, Ji-Ae, me. And even Chaeng. Though you know how stubborn she can be"

I take another deep breath as I touch her hair using my other free hand. "And you're important, Lili. Always. You're always a pride to me and mommy. We can't thank God enough for giving us such a smart, loving and confidant young lady as our child to share. And you have always been Ji-Ae's role model. You know she always wants to be like you right?