Chapter Twenty Eight ❤️

Roseanne's pov

Roseanne's pov

I open my eyes to a creamy, unfamiliar ceiling. Taking a deep breath, I run my hand to smooth my hair before turning to my right ribcage on the bed.

My eyes fall on Lisa's naked back. She is still sleeping as per now, her breath is steady as I hear soft snoring escaping her mouth.

Wetting my lower lip with my tongue, I let my fingers play with her dark hair. They are soft and glows against my pale palm.

"Hey" Lisa's heavy with sleep's voice greets me and I tell her a brief hi back. "You're awake" she mumbles, twisting left and right on the back before pulling the cover to her chest. "Yeah" I shoot my eyebrows upward before stealing a look at her.

"I shouldn't do that" I finally say and Lisa looks concern. She takes a moment though, to look at my figure, than hers than a sigh escapes her mouth again.

"I didn't mean any of this"

I hurry to say but it's already too late. She sits on the bed, her upper body slightly bended as she reaches for her clothes that are scattered on the floor. "Lisa"

I try to stop her but she doesn't even care to listen. She zips her jeans and stands up tall, pulling her hoodie through her head and in just a second, there she is.

A fully clothed Lisa. She looks a little sleepy. But her eyes are sad and I am so mad that I am the one who breaks her again this time. "I'm so sorry" she says. "I shouldn't meet you anymore after this"

She insists as she grabs her keys from the nightstand next to the bed. "I'll settle the bills" she refers to the hotel room we are currently in. "And, I'm so sorry again, Roseanne"

"Will you ever give me a chance to speak?"

I ask her. She pauses. But I know deep down that she's not willing to hear. "There's nothing else that we should speak about" she says with a finality to her tone and for some reasons, I don't correct her either.

💛💛💛

When I walk past the front door of my penthouse that morning, I immediately recognize tiny feet dangling from the white, Italian couch. Who else might it be if it's not my ever loving and clingy Ji-Ae.

"Hello"

I greet her and she looks startled at first as if I caught her doing something wrong. And I guess, I really did. She pops me her mischievous smile, both her hands rest behind her back where I suspect she's hiding a bucket of popcorn she might have raided from the kitchen.

"Morning, mommy" she mumbles innocently and I sit down next to her, carefully to lean forward and smash my lips with her chubby cheeks. "Morning, baby" I twirl one finger around her thick dark hair and she giggles. "Okay, so what are you hiding?"

I ask her and she looks at me, her eyes big as saucers before her contagious laughter echoes in the whole unit. "Oh my god! I always knew you've got magic! How did you know I was hiding something from you?"