Chapter Twenty Nine ❤️

Chaeyoung's pov

Chaeyoung's pov

This is crazy. It literally is. I should have told mama and mommy the truth; that the bottle isn't mine. That it's Lilibear to be honest so that they can direct their fucking anger somewhere else that's not me.

"I can't believe it, Chaeng"

Mommy opens her mouth, snickering as she rises to her feet and crosses her arms together, a frown on her face as she studies me from behind her eyelashes.

"I know you're always a trouble" her bullet statement aims for my heart and congratulations, she hits it bullseye. I should give her a trophy for that.

"But I never thought that it would come to this" she shakes her head, taking the bottle from mama's grip and clenches her jaws in dissatisfaction as she reads the bottle again and again.

"Great, now you're gonna depend on this stuff? What's next? You're gonna be a smoker? A user? What, Chaeyoung Roseanne Park? You fucking answer to me this instance!"

She yells and before she can throw that thing square in my face, mama steps in, catching the bottle just in time as it flies from mommy's hand.

"I'm so mad right now I can strangle you to death" she grunts before breathing out harshly as she takes her seat back next to Lilibear who never requests her eyes to leave me, because maybe she's afraid I might spill the truth about her too.

"Being mad doesn't give you a ticket to behave like a bitch, Roseanne"

Mama snaps viciously. She stands still in front of me, probably ready to shield myself from Roseanne's wrath. But instead of looking at mama in disbelief, like her always to - go reaction, she chides her with a sarcastic laugh fresh from her throat.

"Wow, Lisa" she presses her lips together for a moment, her arms are still crossing to the front of her chest before she shakes her head and her voice echoes in the small hall of my apartment with mama.

"As bitch as I am, I wasn't the one who insisted for a divorce because I can't stand my loser self being deeply inferior than my own wife, and I also wasn't the parent with the blood of her own, deceased child tainting her hand. It's you. It has always been you"

She attacks and attacks without mercy before her arms drop from her chest and she travels her left hand into her golden hair repeatedly. "I'm gonna speak to the lawyers" she makes a statement.

"And they are going to revoke the court's decision. I'm gonna take my Chaeyoung back, Lisa. She's not going to make it to adulthood if she's here with you and your reckless, shitty parenting style!"

"Oh, don't fucking dump everything on me!"

Mama yells as she looks at mommy. The nerve in her throat swells as anger consumes her. "You don't" her voice shivers again as she gulps and gives in to her anger.

"Fucking tell me that again and again. I wasn't the one who was psycho and selfish enough to hold her wife back from her dream, just because she already got hers covered!"

"Oh, please" mommy snickers from where she sits. "You are going to use that card against me, Lisa? That's so low of you"

"I don't care" mama yells back. "I don't fucking care how low it'll get me too. I have never been good in your eyes either. Or your mom. Or your fucking family to be exact!"

"Don't even go there" mommy says through her gritted teeth. She almost looks like she's in deep pain when she says that. "Don't trash my family just because you never had your own"

"You have been going at it for years, Roseanne. I know I don't have a family like you had. But at least, if it keeps me sane and unselfish, I would rather glad I'm an orphan rather than having a divorced, psycho mom who undeniably passes you the psycho genes too"

"Fuck you, Lisa. Shut up"

"No, I'm not gonna shut up" mama looks at mommy as her face turns red from anger. "Nothing you say will make me care for you again, Roseanne. Because that's it! I am never made for you. Never. Not back then. Not now. Not ever. And if you think for a moment that I would want you back in my life, that you're sadly mistaken"

"I also want to say the same thing" mommy says, pulling Lilibear to her side as she looks at mama in the eyes.

"I can never see myself back with you after your selfish choice that leaving our family shattered and cost us a price we'll never get over the pain of paying it"

Mommy says and mama tries to shake her away but she makes sure her ex - wife stares at her in the eyes when she uses the statement that always breaks mama more than anything ever will.

"Her death will always be on you"

💛💛💛

"Chaeyoungie"

Lili calls me after mommy left the unit. Mama is nowhere to be seen. I guess she is probably crying her eyes out in the bedroom.

"What else now, Lilibear?"

I frown at her. I have had a shitty day for real now and I don't think I really want to talk to her right now.

"Where. Did. You. Take. That. Bottle?"

Her voice is sharp and it pauses every time she articulates it clearly. Anger is in her tone and I don't understand why she's going to be mad about it when I'm the one that is in hot shit right now.

"You don't have to ask" I say, gesturing for her to walk herself out of the unit before I shut the door in her face. "Just fucking go,"

"Did you snoop through my stuff?" she accuses bitterly and that's it for me. "You really think that low of me?"

"I can't help seeing with whom you're living"

"Mama is not a bad person" I defend mama because honestly, I hate it when people start to trash her especially when she's not there to defend herself back.

"Cut the lies" Lili says. "I have no time to listen. I just need an answer. I asked for it. You just have to provide it"

"I didn't" I look at her. "You left it behind after you scattered your stuff back then in the gym. And I was stupid enough to bring it back home before mama caught it inside my room!"

Lili looks at me. Clicking her tongue, she speaks again. Her voice is icy cold. "It's in your room" she points out. "It couldn't be mine"

"It's yours!" I say. "It's fucking yours. You knew it"

"You have no solid proof"

"We were together in the gym that day" I say. "It couldn't be anyone else's"

"I am sorry" she says icily as she looks at me. "That's not a valid reasoning. Anyone could be there and dropped the stuff. I didn't have to be there alone with you to clarify that it belonged to me. And just like mommy quoted, you have always been a trouble, Chaeng. You think you're gonna pass the ball to me now?'

"I hate you"

"Hate is a strong word" Lili says. "But I expect nothing less from you"

🙆

don't forget to vote and comments. how do you find Park - Manoban these days?