Chapter Fourteen ❤️

a/n: vote before reading

Lisa's pov

I wake up with sweaty palms and the dampness of the same moisture wetting the back of my sweater. Adjusting my heavy breath, I sit up on the bed, face buried in my clammy palms as I try to wash away whatever the hell that was in my dream just now

"God" I pant as I straighten my back and tilt my head to gaze at the clock on the nightstand. It reads sharp 3 in the morning.

I know for a fact that if I ever fall back into sleep, the same nightmare will come again and again and I would rather burning my early hours in the morning doing something else than to sit alone and let the thought consumes me. 

❤️❤️❤️

My limbs are on fire when I stop. I know because I can feel the sensation under my skin, burning whatever that might be there.

The park looks gloomy and quiet. The only sound that I can hear at this moment of time is probably just how bad and desperate my lungs are gasping for air after a 10 km run.

Although I have been running for quite some time now, it never gets better. I crouch down for a moment, my sweat running straight from my head to the tip of my nose as I check the watch secured around my wrist. 

45 minutes. 10 KM.

I groan in annoyance. My feet are ultimately sored from the running I did a moment ago but my performance is still something I wasn't or am proud of.

I take a deep breath, wanting to start all over again slowly before someone bypasses me, a smirk on her face when she manages to do that. "What are you waiting for?" her voice echoes from the soft wind that slapping her face playfully.

I frown for a moment but it doesn't take long for my feet to trail after her. "You have a great stamina for someone like you" I say between the hard breathing and she smiles, her dimples showing as she continues to keep her eyes straight on the track.

"What's wrong?"

I ask again, frowning slightly as I increase my speed as she tries to bypass me again. "Not happening" I say and she smirks, shaking her head as her watch rings and she slows her pace.

Finally.

I bend over my knees, my hands rested on them as I inhale and exhale. But the woman in front of me just smirks as she offers me a hand.

"You look fit" she comments and I nod, still controlling my breathing as I take my small handkerchief to dab the sweat away from my face.

"You too" I say to her. The mysterious figure grins as she sighs, eyes on her smartwatch. "I'd want to talk more but it seems like I have to rush"

She says and I look at her, extending my hand to introduce myself. "Just in case we meet again, my name is Lisa"

But she doesn't take my hand or says something else in return. She only smiles. And disappears into the darkness of the night.

Or morning, since I checked my watch a minute ago and realize that I pretty much have an hour to go before my shift starts.

❤️❤️❤️

"Good to see you, Dr. Manoban"

Dr. Bae says with a smile. She is holding a damn chart every time I see her in the hallway. This time, her hair appears a little shorter than usual and they are bright in grey instead of black.

"You bleached your hair?"

I wonder and she grins, nodding as she plays with her hair that hangs beautifully over hee shoulder. "Nice, isn't it?"

"Sure" I give her a small smile. "It fits you well"

"Great" Dr. Bae shuffles past me before stopping and turns to gaze. "I have you know since you're busy ignoring things lately that we are expecting a new doctor from SM hospital to join us today. She might already be around, you know"

"SM hospital?"

I frown a little. "I thought it was the best hospital and nobody wanted a way out"

"Sometimes, you need a way out when things get too good"

Dr. Bae echoes. "You know why? Because good things make you do lazy choice. Like afraid to get out of your comfort zone. I think that's why she left"

"She's a female?"

I ask again and Dr. Bae shakes her head, rolling her eyes playfully. "Seriously, Lisa? Pronouns are just the rule of Grammar. You should use whatever heck the pronoun you want for yourself, regardless of gender you have because nobody cares and nobody cares. Periodt"

"Damn" I grin a little. "Are we still on for the lunch thing?"

I ask and she winks her eye at me. "Of course, unless you want to exchange it for a hot sex in the on-call room with another nameless, stranger, well I have to find someone else then"

"Suzy"

I whine but she stifles her own laughter as she shakes her head again. "I'm Dr. Bae. We are at the hospital. Be serious, Lisa"

"Whatever" I say back as I walk towards the administration desk to acquire some files. But someone instantly taps me in my shoulder and I know for a fact that it should be Suzy.

Only that buffoon will do that to me.

Except when I turn to face, it's not her at all.

But the same woman from the walk this morning.

"What?"

"I remember your name" she smiles. She is wearing the same color of scrubs like me too. But I couldn't find her name tag. Who is she?

"Reporting to work today, Chief of surgery, Dr. Manoban"

She extends me her hand but I'm still too baffled with whatever that's happening. "Dr. Jin Yeong-seo" she introduces her name. "Cardiovascular surgeon"

❤️❤️❤️