Chapter Three ❤️

"She is so rude, Rosie

"She is so rude, Rosie. Mind talking to Lisa about her style of parenting?"

Clare Park says as she shakes her head in disagreement. Sitting opposite from her seat is her youngest daughter, clothed in black tank top and blue jeans.

Her long blonde hair is twisted into a messy bun as she ignores her and sips the soup of her pho instead.

"Rosie" her mother urges. "I'm talking to you, sweetheart"

She adds again, grimacing as she doesn't receive any reactions from her daughter. When the content inside the bowl is all gone, Roseanne sighs as she looks at her mother.

The older woman passes the blonde a couple of tissues to wipe her mouth and Roseanne takes it without complaining.

"Mama, it's always hard if it's Chaeyoung we are talking about"

The idol finally states. Her voice is sour, just like her reaction now when she bites her lower lip and folds her arms to her chest, her legs crossing beneath the table they share.

"What do you mean?" Clare asks again, sounding demanding. "Honey, you're her mom. You can't let her dominate you"

"It's not even that, mama" Roseanne explains. "Chaeyoung is a sweet girl. But it's just that she has some issues within her ..."

"Not some issues" Clare says bitterly. She grabs her cup of warm tea and sips it generously. "Lots of issues, I would say"

"Fine" the idol rolls her eyes into the back of her head. "She has lots of issues and I don't know how to solve any of it. And she hates me, if that makes you feel better about what she did to you"

There is a pregnant silence before Clare decided to give the blonde a piece of her mind. "I still do not see why she'd inflict all the blames on you when it comes to the fall of your marriage"

"Don't ask me something I can't answer" the Korean puffs her cheeks before deflating them a minute later. "You think I didn't ask her that same damn question too? But like always, she refuses to answer"

"Maybe you should try harder" a fork swirls the fancy pasta before it flies all the way into the delicate, velvety mouth that belongs to none other that Clare Park. "And eventually she'll listen"

"Are we going to talk about my baby all the way till the dinner ends?"

Roseanne narrows her eyes at her mother before crossing her fork and spoon together on her plate. "Because if that's your intention, I'm not gonna stay while listening to you belittling my little baby that's obviously not here to defend herself"

"Rosie" her mom sighs. "I didn't mean it that way"

"But it felt obviously that way! Mama, you can't judge people you barely know"

"How can that be my fault?" Clare's icy voice hits Roseanne, making her skin shivers. But everyone knows, that's not going to stop Roseanne from making her own stand. "If she herself never keens at letting people in"