Secret

Ice's POV

Walking back to Tee's room, I stop when someone knocks on the front door. Surely that jerk is not stupid enough to come back again? Tee and his parents are in the kitchen still. Should I call them or just answer it? I glance around when the knock comes again. Reaching for the knob, I am stopped when Tee's father grabs my hand.

"I will get that," He informs me, "I don't think that idiot would come back, but you never know." I nod and step back.

"Sawasdee khrap," I hear two people greet Tee's father.

"Sawasdee," Tee's father responds. "Can I help you?"

"Is P'Tee here," I hear someone ask. "And P'Ice?" Now that piques my interest. Who is this person, and how do they know I am here? Tee's father opens the door wider so the person asking can see me.

"Sawasdee khrap," The two nongs outside greet me, and now I know how they knew I was here.

"Sawasdee," I reply, "N'Kongpop and..." I hesitate on the other's name. I have seen him with Knott and his friends, but unlike N'Kongpop, his name is not plastered all over the faculty and campus.

"Aim," The nong offers, and I nod.

"I will leave you to this," Tee's father rests a hand on my shoulder, "I tell Tee he has guests." I look back at the two nongs and sigh.

"Come in," I tell them, stepping back out of the way.

"Oh, N'Kongpop and N'Aim," Tee says, coming out of the kitchen, "Why are you two here?"

"We were told to come and check on P'Ice," N'Kongpop answers, and N'Aim snorts. "Well, we were." He tells his friends as he shoves his shoulder.

"We were ordered," N'Aim corrects. "How are you doing, P'Ice?" The nong asks me.

"OK," I shrug, "I am not dying or anything." I can see Tee smile. "Well, I am not."

"No, you just look like it," He laughs. "Let's go to my room." He says, motioning to the nongs to follow him.

"I don't look that bad," I grumble, following along.

"You don't look that good, P'," N'Aim tells me. "Those guys really did a number on you." I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror on the back of Tee's door when I close it. The nong is right.

"Sit over here," Tee tells me, pointing to his desk chair as N'Kongpop and N'Aim take a spot on the floor. I would say I could sit on the floor too, but I already know I would need help getting up, so I take the offered chair.

"So," I begin once I sit down. "You didn't need to check on me."

"Like I said," N'Kongpop interrupts, "We did, and don't worry about it. Ai'Aim and I were already in the area."

"Yeah, P'," N'Aim affirms, "We were going to come and see P'Tee anyway."

"You were?" Tee asks. I can tell he is surprised by this. "Why?"

"Why not?" N'Kongpop counters, "You are one of our seniors and a friend." One of our seniors?

"I have meant to ask," I start, "Why is Ai'Tee one of your seniors?" I stressed the word senior. "I thought you were in the Communications Faculty?" I look at Tee.

"I am in Communications," Tee confirms, "But I was friends with Ai'Knott, and I helped him and his friends out with a couple of things this year."

"What kind of things?" I ask since I am curious.

"P'," N'Kongpop says, "Do you remember that scandal with Economics this year?"

"Yeah," I answer, wrinkling up my nose. From what I heard around campus, that was a nasty piece of work.