The Insanity Will Continue

krstjb's POV

"Why are we here again?" I ask, rummaging through the bowl of candies.

"Here? Again?" P'Ice questions looking at the others, "What is she talking about? And who is she?"

"Oh, yeah," P'Tee hums, "You weren't..." I notice he trails off, and I smile, wondering how he is going to explain me.

"Should I know her?" P'Ice looks to the rest of the group.

"She is the Puppet Master," P'Bright says, snagging the bowl of candy away from me to hand to Kammon.

"Hey," I snap, "I wasn't done and stop with the Puppet Master bullshit." Kammon sticks out his tongue at me and snickers. "I hate you," I growl.

"Yeah, yeah," Kammon waves off.

"What I want to know is why we are in the kitchen?" Aim asks, hopping up on the counter. "The last time we had to hide in a bedroom, and you had to sneak off."

"Yeah," P'Tutah says, taking the candy bowl from Kammon, who seems to think it needs to make its way around. "Where is your family?"

"No kidding," Wad takes the bowl from Jett, "Usually, you are giving dire warnings of device rules and being with your family. But this year, nothing."

"Quarantine," I sigh.

"Quarantine?" P'Knott repeats. "Should we be here?"

"Seriously?" I scoff, "You guys are safe."

"So why are you in quarantine?" P'Prem questions.

"My stupid coworker's son went out and partied like an idiot during a pandemic, and now all of us are paying for his stupidity." I growl, "I can't go see my family even though I tested negative. Why? Because as a responsible adult, I am following stupid CDC guidelines and staying in quarantine!" By the time I have finished this explanation, I was screaming. I am so pissed.

"Well, someone is not happy," May snarks, and I round on her.

"You think?" I snap.

"OK," Aim hops off the counter and gets between us. I turn away from them and hear him quietly scold May, "Stop poking the bear."

"Can we get back to the puppet thing?" P'Ice holds up his hand, "Because I am seriously confused."

"Are we late?" P'Dear asks as he and P'Win walk into the room. "Why are we in the kitchen?"

"Focus, people," P'Ice growls. "Who is she?"

"She is the reason you will probably be dating Ai'Tee," P'Knott shrugs.

"I am what?" P'Ice gasps.

"Don't spoil," I reprimand Knott, "It takes the fun out of it, and it is not like I have written it yet anyway." I shrug, "I could change my mind."

"Speaking of writing," Oak cuts in, "You haven't been writing as often lately. What is up with that?"

"Stuff happened," I mumble, "I am still here. I am not abandoning you guys."

"You OK?" Prae asks.

"I am getting there," I sigh, "It is just hard. I miss my friend, and not knowing why he was killed is the worst. And I really hate not being able to see the fam this holiday. It is just one more thing."

"Well," Maprang looks at me, "You know you have a lot of people who love you and would miss you."

"I know," I mutter, "Don't worry. The insanity will continue."

"Speaking of which... Our second year is about to start," Tew points out, "What is going to happen this year?"

"I don't know," I answer, "It is an unknown year in the SOTUSverse. We know a little about your third and fourth year and some after you graduate, but this year is a blank. So your second year and their intern year are a blank canvas."

"Speaking of intern year," P'Arthit hops off of Kongpop's lap, and I smile, making him blush. I can't believe he sat on Kongpop's lap in front of everyone. "What the hell is up with giving us two intern letters?"

"Yeah," The other four seniors demand.

"Not a clue," I laugh, "I don't know... Well, I kind of do."

"Well?" The seniors demand.

"When I wrote that chapter, I didn't know where I was going to assign you," I admit, "Was I going to have you conveniently in Bangkok or elsewhere, making it a challenge for you guys to date." I give a little shrug.

"So you avoided deciding by giving them two letters," P'Win accuses.

"Yep," I smile.

"OK," P'Ice interrupts, "I still don't understand what is going on, but from your explanation, that doesn't explain why I got two letters."

"I know right," I chuckle, "You and P'Tee were both a surprise, but I like you both."

"Well..." P'Ice looks to P'Tee for some help, who just smiles at him. "I'm glad?"

"Just go with it," P'Boon says from the kitchen table. "Just be worried about the nickname she gives you."

"I have heard," P'Ice replies. "Aren't you someone's side piece?"

"Don't remind me," P'Knott grumbles.

"Like I enjoy it," P'Boon snaps. "Can't I get a new one?"

"Don't ask!" Maprang and May say at the same time.

"You two should know," I snort.

"Am I ever going to get a POV?" May demands.

"No," I answer firmly.

"Why not!?!" May snaps.

"Because!" I bark.

"I hate you!" May grumbles and goes over to Aim for comfort.

"You know you are just being an ass about it," Aim accuses.

"I know," I agree, "But it has now become an odd little challenge."

"I have a question," Wad starts.

"Yes?" I turn to him.

"Are P'Prem and I going to have a new story arc?" Wad questions.

"Well, right now, the two I am focusing on are those two," I point to P'Tee and P'Ice. "But I am going to have smaller arcs focusing on the existing couples."

"What about me coming out to my parents?" Kongpop asks, and I see P'Arthit has once again sat in his lap.

"A lot of people ask about that, but I can't cover that because that would mean P'Arthit..." I trail off, not wanting to spoil it for him.

"I will what?" P'Arthit asks suspiciously.

"You will find out," I deflect.

"Do you want to die?" P'Arthit hisses.

"That doesn't work on me," I laugh and look down at my phone. I smile when I see my sister's name. "I know I didn't answer many questions, but I got to take this." I look at P'Ice. "P'Tee, explain this to him, please." P'Tee nods.

"Is that it?" Jett asks suddenly, and I look at him before it dawns on me what I forgot.

"Oh yeah," I smile, "For all of you out there, and you know who you are. Oh, Silent ones! Merry Christmas, and thank you for sticking with me for another year. I love you all and wish you all the best!" My phone stops ringing, and a message pops up immediately.

Snarkster: Answer bitch!

Smartass: I am telling!!

1141 12-24-20

I promise a real chapter is coming soon.