Distracted

Yacht's POV

Song and I are looking for his friend in the Architecture faculty to assist us with what we need to build for the Capture the Flag event. I told him we could handle it, but he insisted we get his friend's help. I didn't understand why he was so intent on this until he said her name. I shake my head, trailing behind him. He is using this as an opportunity to flirt with said friend.

"Come on," Song tells me, "My friend will help us. I promise."

"Yeah, yeah," I roll my eyes. I had lagged behind because I was distracted by my own concerns about being here.

I really should have had Mot come with him now that I think about it. I quickly look around to see if I can see N'Nine. I still haven't figured out why I did what I did last night. And the last thing I want to do is run into him so soon after that.

"Why couldn't your friend come to Engineering," I grouse. Song stops and turns to give me a "What the hell?" look.

"You don't ask someone to come to you when you are asking a favor, dumbass," Song points out, "That is just rude."

I know it is rude, but this is the last place in the world I want to be right now! Movement out of the corner of my eyes catches my attention, and I see the nong I want to avoid running into... It can't be? Fvck it is! That is the same damn guy from last night. The senior reaches out to steady N'Nine, who steps away from him. I run my hand across my face to wipe away a smile. Why the hell did that make me happy?

N'Nine begins to fidget and looks my way. He has a pinched expression for a moment before he says something. The guy... P'Bank glances toward me and frowns. For a second, I want to stick my tongue out at him childishly.

"Are you coming?" Song barks, and I turn to find he has stopped on the steps of the faculty.

"Coming," I shout with a glance back at N'Nine and that senior before I run to catch up with Song.

"Did you see someone you knew?" Song asks.

"You could say that," I hum.

Nine's POV

"Why is he here?" I mutter as P'Yacht runs to join someone on the steps.

"Nong," P'Bank says, drawing my attention back to him. I notice he is also watching P'Yacht. "Is that Engineering senior bothering you?"

"No," I answer and then shake my head. Wasn't I just ranting about that particular senior a moment ago? So why did you say no, Nine?

"Are you sure?" P'Bank asks as he reaches toward me, and I unconsciously move away. I watch as his brows draw together.

"I am sure," I smile up at him. "I hope I didn't hurt you earlier." It is P'Bank's turn to shake his head.

"You didn't," P'Bank assures me. "Why were you in such a hurry?"

"Ai'Kam," I say, deciding to sacrifice my friend for an excuse. "He wanted me to go with him, and I didn't feel like it." I send a silent prayer that Kammon forgives me.

"Did he want you to go to the Engineering faculty?" P'Bank inquires, and I am puzzled by the question. His tone was distinctly not a happy one. But why?

"No," I laugh, "We were in their canteen for lunch."

"Do you go there often?" P'Bank asks.

"Fairly often," I answer. "Ai'Kam's cousin is part of the faculty, and we are friends with her batchmates."

I decide to leave out that Kammon is dating P'Bright. I don't know why I do, but that is Kammon's story, not mine. I slap my head when I realize one little thing that I let slip when I talked to Kammon earlier. I told my friend I like P'Bank. A guy.