Gone Stupid

Wad's POV

I wake up to the all too familiar weight of Prem pressing against me and smile. When I was home, this was one of the little things I missed. It is funny how, in such a short amount of time, the things that are my every day all revolved around the person who is now nuzzling the back of my neck. I shift as much as I can to see his face.

Together, we are the loner and the angry hazer, but I only see gentleness and caring when I look at his face. The days when we squared off are such a distant memory and weirdly enough fond ones. I have to wonder if Kongpop feels the same about when he and P'Arthit butted heads.

I smile, thinking about last night, and wonder when we can do that again. Prem didn't seem to object to the idea. I wonder how other couples do this? I don't think any of our friends flip like us. So who would I ask? I look over at Prem and find that he is watching me, and a smile spreads across his face at my shock.

"What are you smiling at?" I ask, turning to face him.

"You," Prem says, snuggling against my chest. My heart flutters as I rest my chin on top of his head. "What were you thinking of just now?" I am so glad Prem can't see my face. I have to be as red as a tomato right now.

"Wad?" Prem questions, "Is something wrong?"

"I was wondering if I had a nightmare last night," I lie because there is no way I am going to tell my boyfriend I was trying to set up a schedule for who will do who in my head.

"Really?" Prem pulls back so he can see my face, "Because I was wondering how we are going to decide which role we would take." I cover my eyes with my hand, and I can feel the rumble of laughter coming from my boyfriend. "Oho, you were thinking about it, you little liar!"

I uncover my eyes and grin at him, "Ok, I was thinking about it, but did I have a nightmare?" When Prem doesn't answer right away, my heart drops, and I begin to chew on my bottom lip. He is gone! Why is he still haunting me in my sleep? Damn it!!

"Before you get upset, Wad," Prem says quickly, "I wouldn't call it a nightmare. It was more like..." Prem sits up and looks down at me, "I don't know how to explain it, but it was nothing like it was before, so I would say you were getting better."

"Better," I repeat, trying to figure out how I feel about this. I am angry that they or whatever this is not gone. Prem lays back down beside me.

"Do you want to talk to someone about this?" Prem asks, "You know besides me."

"Like a professional?" I question. The thought of digging through my past with some stranger is about as appealing as having my toenails pulled out with pliers.

"I know, Wad," Prem tells me, obviously interpreting the expression on my face. "But it might help. You have buried a lot, and if we don't talk about it with a professional, it might get worse one day."

"We?" I look at Prem, "What do you mean we?"

"Wad, if you think I would let you go and face that alone," Prem frowns at me, "You have gone stupid. Besides, this no longer affects only you, but it affects us as a couple." I stare at Prem as he props himself up on his elbow, "I know there will be times when you will need counseling alone, but I want them to know you have a support system who understands and accepts you."

Reaching up, I cup Prem's cheek and marvel at the fact that this man is mine and that he loves me as much as he does. He truly is my reward for surviving.

"I love you," I breathe, and Prem leans down, kissing me briefly.

"I love you," Prem tells me.

We both jerk when someone pounds on our door. Prem slumps on top of me, groaning.