Scared

Ice's POV

I stop outside the building and lean against the wall. What the hell am I doing? This is all wrong. I don't want to fight with Tee. I mean, everything was so good last night, and hours later, we were shouting at each other, and it ended with me storming away. That is mature. Not!

"You looked troubled," An unfamiliar voice says, and I turn to see the guy who changed the lock on my door. Tee said he was on campus, but this is the first time I had seen him. I look him up and down before I look him in the eye. He tilts his head and adds, "You scared?"

I step away from him, unsettled by his words. Before I can say, anything Tee runs out behind him.

"Ice," Tee calls, and when the guy in between us turns to look at him, I watch as Tee's face sets. "Excuse me," Tee growls as he walks past and grabs my arm. He starts leading me away. "Let's talk."

"You changed your lock," The guy says in an amused tone, making both of us freeze. I glance over at Tee, and just as I am about to look back, he starts walking, pulling me with him. How does this guy know I changed it? A shiver of cold runs down my spine as I realize he had to have gone to my room to check.

"He has been to my room," I breathe and grab Tee's hand. "He has been back to my room," I say once more.

"Ice," Tee says, concerned.

"Why would he go check my door?" I ask.

"I don't know why," Tee reaches across and smoothes my hair, "Let's go pick up some of your things from your place. I want you to stay with me for a while." I shove him away, remembering I am mad at him.

"Why?" I demand, "I am not afraid of that asshole!" I throw Tee's words back at him. We stare at each other, both of us not giving in. After a few more moments, Tee sighs and rests his head on my shoulder.

"I am scared," Tee admits, " Ai'Rain. That guy. People can do horrible things. I know this, Ice. I don't want to lose you. Please, come stay with me."

I rest my cheek against him wrapping my arms around him," I am scared, too. I don't want to lose you either."

Tee pulls back, "I am sorry. I just love you and didn't want you to worry."

"Then let us worry together," I stroke his cheek.

"Come stay with me," Tee pleads. I give him a slight nod right before he engulfs me in a hug. There is something about being held by him that makes me feel safe. A movement behind us makes my blood run cold when I see that guy staring at us. What does he want with me?

"People can do horrible things."

What horrible thing are you planning to do to me? Tee steps away and caresses my cheek. I suddenly wonder if maybe I am not the one that guy wants to hurt. What if it is Tee?

"Ready?" Tee asks and I nod. Trailing behind Tee I wonder how I will protect him.

Knott's POV

I hold up my hands when Tutah sits across from me, "I am sorry."

"I am not going to kill you," Tutah shakes his head. "I am just embarrassed. I can't believe you guys heard me."

"We didn't stay long," I admit after a short pause I add, "But now I am worried about my dorm and Tew's."

"I think all of us are now wondering about soundproofing," Tutah snorts and glances at my phone when it goes off on the table.

"You should go," Tutah tells me. He must have been able to read the message. "I am fine. N'Jett is coming to meet me. We need to discuss some things."