More What Ifs Than Guarantees

Arthit's POV

A book drops on the table in front of me, and I glance up to see Jay standing there.

"This is a library," I mutter. Why is he here? I don't want to have a chat with him.

"Where is Nam?" Jay asks, sitting down in the chair across from me.

"How the fvck would I know?" I answer as I flip through the book next to me.

"She is staying at your dorm," Jay growls. No shit!

"Yes," I slap my pen down, glaring across at him, "She is, and I am staying at Kongpop's waiting for her to leave. So when is that damn pipe going to be fixed?"

"You don't want her there?" Jay scoffs. You think? I thought we worked this shit out during the stupid festival. Does he need another drink thrown at him?

"Of course, I don't want her there, dumbass," I retort, "I want to stay in my own dorm. I am running out of clothes. She said it would be for two days, and it has been three."

"Wow," Jay leans back in the chair, "You are even counting."

"Explain to me why we were ever friends?" I snap, "Have you always been this stupid?" I pick up my pen, shaking my head in disgust.

"Why did her mom send her to your place?" Jay asks, "She could have come and stayed at my dorm."

"Let me ask you this," I stop and look across at him, "If you had a daughter, would you let her stay over at her boyfriend's dorm?"

"No," Jay replies instantly.

"Then, if I have to explain it to you," I sigh, "You really are freaking stupid. How do you even stand upright?"

"Hey!" Jay gripes, "I am not stupid."

"Yes, you are," I reiterate. Jay growls, resting his head on the table. "How are you two doing? Have you been fighting?"

"Good," Jay sits up, "Since your spectacular telling off during the festival, we haven't fought." Jay frowns at me, "Isn't that weird?"

"Why would it be weird?" I question, "Do you want to fight? Now, that would be weird if you miss that. I sure the hell don't."

"Are you still dating that nong?" Jay asks hesitantly.

"Yes," I smile, "I would think that was obvious since I told you I was staying over at his dorm. I doubt Kongpop would let me if we weren't dating." I chuckle, "That's wrong. Even if we weren't, he would let me."

"That nong is that gone over you?" Jay queries as he pulls out his phone to check a notification.

"We are both gone over each other," I hum, looking back at my notes. "Isn't that what it means to be in love?" When Jay doesn't reply, I look up and find my friend blushing. "What kind of message made you blush?"

"What the hell is this, Oon?" Jay says, showing a picture. "Do you have some weird kinks now?" I laugh when I see the photo.

"I thought Kongpop threw that out," I snort, "And we don't have weird kinks." I shove Jay's phone back at him, "That is what happens when a nervous nong circles the condom aisle building up the courage to buy some. Every time Kongpop went around, he put something in his basket. He didn't even realize what he bought until his friend handed him the bag. And why is Namtam going through my closet?"

"Condoms?" Jay gasps, "Your nong bought condoms?"

"Actually," I stop to think, "I believe I have bought them all. Even that time."