The End

Prem's POV

I tap Wad's head with the water bottle, making him look up, "Here," I say, handing it to him as I sit next to him on the sand.

"Thanks," Wad smiles, taking it from me. He doesn't say anything more but goes back to watching the waves.

Since hearing about what N'Kammon's father had done, Wad has been quiet. I don't like it when he is silent. It is a sign he is too much up in his head. I know this is a habit Wad developed to help cope with his past, but I hate it when he does it now. He doesn't have to deal with stuff alone anymore. That is why he has me.

"I am fine, Prem," Wad tells me without looking at me.

"You're not," I counter and lean back with a sigh. "You are thinking that your father was capable of doing what N'Kammon's father has done."

Wad turns to me, frowning, "That would mean he cared enough about me to keep me, but we all know he didn't give a shit about me, Prem." Wad growls a little, "But he would have been thrilled to put Mom in the nuthouse. I am surprised his whack-job wife didn't suggest it."

I wondered where Wad was on possibly forgiving his father, and even though I believe Wad should just put that chapter of his life to a close, I don't think he will ever be able to do that.

"You know when I woke up in the hospital," Wad continues, "I thought finally this is the end. No more bad guys. No more drama," He turns to me, "That all of us could just enjoy our time at university like normal freaking people." he turns away with a low rumble of a growl.

"I," I start but get cut off when he looks back at me.

"Seriously, Prem!" Wad shouts, "Do all of us need to go to a temple to get a blessing? What the hell is up with us? Did we piss off the Gods that much?" I chuckle, and Wad punches my shoulder, "Not funny, Prem."

"I know," I agree, rubbing my shoulder, "But everyone has drama in their life." Wad glares at me, "I admit ours ranks a little higher on the drama scale than most people's."

"You think," Wad snorts, and I give his shoulder a shove with a smile. "Ass," Wad grumbles.

I rest my head on his shoulder before I continue, "We will get through this just like we got through yours, Wad." I feel him sigh, "I promise."

"I will hold you to that," Wad grumps, and I hold out my pinky, making him chuckle as we pinky promise. "Goof," Wad says, and I smile.

Looking back out at the sea, I really hope I can keep that promise, and this is the end of all the drama for our group.

Tew's POV

Walking into the room Knott and I share with P'Prem and Wad, I find Knott asleep on the bed. Knott had told me earlier he was coming up to the room to get something. It was about fifteen minutes later I realized he hadn't come back down. Now I know why. Sitting on the edge of the bed, I lightly brush the hair from his eyes.

This weekend here at his Gran's beach house was supposed to be just for us. I am a little upset our plans got ruined, but I am glad we are all here for Kammon. And as Knott said, we can always come again. I smile when Knott mumbles in his sleep. I carefully lay down beside him and lie there watching him sleep. This is a view I can never get tired of.

Knott rolls over to face me, and I smile as he mumbles again. I move closer, trying to figure out what he is muttering. He is so cute.

"Tew," Knott says quietly, and I freeze, thinking he knows I am here. "Mine." I cover my mouth to keep myself from giggling.

"What are you dreaming about, Knott?" I whisper. I settle in next to my boyfriend and wait for him to wake up.

Knott's POV