Password

Kammon's POV

Sitting at the table, I nudge my phone, willing it to ring. P'Bright messaged last night, saying his parents were both hospitalized and that he would call me when he had more information. That was twelve hours ago. How long does it freaking take to get more information? I jump when a message comes in.

Bright's Bestie: going to the hospital now have charger

Bright's Wife: kk

I know I should feel bad about threatening P'Tutah, but I haven't been able to get through to P'Bright's phone since he called me. I know it has died and who thinks of carrying a charger when you are making a mad dash to the hospital.

"Son," My father says, sitting down at the table and let out a little growl as I look around. Where are my aunt and Maprang?

"Going to my room," I mutter, standing up.

"Kammon!" My father shouts, "I am your father, and I want to speak to you."

"Father!" I shout back, "I am your son, and I DON'T want to speak to you!"

"Why do you hate me so much?" He stands up and slaps the table. "I am working hard to provide for you!"

"Hard? For me?" I scoff. "I am pretty sure I don't factor in at all in your plans, Father." We stand there a bit, just glaring at each other. "Oh, wait. I am a prop. You know the dutiful son."

"Son, please," Father says quietly. "I just want to talk to my son."

"Why?" I ask, "The last time we talked, you slapped me because I was compensated for being molested by a freak at my university. You know what drove me to do this." I hold up my wrist, and the bracelets slide down, revealing my scars. "And now you want to chat with your son?"

My father sits back down and rests his head in his hands. When I had exposed my wrist, he had an expression on his face that I couldn't place.

"Father," I start, and he looks up at me.

"When did I become Father?" He questions, "I am your Dad."

"You haven't been my dad in years, Father," I snort, "Ask your sister. Ask 'Prang. Both of them refer to you also as my father. 'Prang even tells me she misses my dad." I don't add that I miss him, too.

I stand there, resting my hands on the back of the chair I was sitting in just moments ago. Why is he doing this now? What does he want from me? My phone sounds and I look down at it and sigh when it is just Aim.

"I need to go," I tell my father. He just nods as he gets up from the table, walking into the kitchen. I frown after him.

Swiping my screen, I read the message sent to me by Aim, and my heart stops.

Panic Attack: new picture

Moon: wtf

Pink Milk: can u tell where

T: i will get my friend to grab the IP

Papa Knott: where r u nkammon

Bright's Keeper: got home last night

Property of Oak: 🤬🤬

Maprang's Man: calm down

Property of Oak: calm down?